Search This Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2015

It's Like An Ad For Nyquil!

Ah, yes,  cold and flu season!  Ugh! As the annual bug tears it's way through the house, half our ranks have been feld! Owen was the carrier, then the baby girls were struck. Of course, as they lay helpless to the ravages of the insidious plague, mommy is compelled to comfort them, and there is NO chance of getting her to resist her maternal instincts, not even the threat of falling victim to the scourge! Needless to say it only took a couple of days and last night she was very weak, feverish and in a delirium. I put her to bed early and laid vigilant in bed with her, attempting to keep her calm. It has not struck me yet, but I'm sure it will be only a matter of time. I'm just stocking my system up with an overload of vitamin C, and hoping for the best!
Yesterday was another humdinger, having three repairs, two pick ups and sending four more rides to new homes before eleven am! Of course, my morning chores didn't get done until early afternoon, then it was on to new builds. And let me tell you, the Dutch WAY over engineer there bicycles!  The three speed, with drum brakes is a BEAR! It took me 45 minutes just to get off the wheels! Sheesh! They never took into consideration a quick, side of the road tube change, evidently!  So that one will be put back together, and then i still have a stash out back to dive into, plus an old school Dahon folding bike i picked up just after close.
So with that, best get moving!
See y

No comments:

Post a Comment