Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new Year..Or just another day?

You be the judge.  After 43 years the passing into a new calender year has lost some of it's luster.  Don't let me put a downer into your revelry though,  I'm not pessimistic about any of it I'm just not a partier and I don't drink, so to me not much of a holiday.  Oh we we're up, the kids of course NEVER make it to the ball drop countdown.  Momma and dad just sat playing with google maps.  You know the feature that lets you take a virtual tour of streets and such.  We spent the night visiting all of our childhood haunts, quite the hoot.
Yes as I'm sure the more astute of you have figured out we are open today.  As I said, not a holiday for us.  We are only closed 2 1/2 days a year. Christmas, Thanksgiving and we close early on Halloween.  The rest of the time it's work, work, work.
And speaking of work (love them segues!) It has been hectic!  Which is a GREAT thing.  As soon as we put 'em out they go.  We're trying to put more out, but it's a process!  Finished a GORGEOUS '04 Trek Navigator last night!  Oh this thing is sweet.  Usually my test drives consist of taking them 2 blocks to the garage to wash and two blocks back.  This on about 12 blocks (a few curbs, some medians, and a trail )  WOW what a sweet ride!  (check pic below)
And speaking of "Pic's below"  I couldn't believe it but in all the time we have been doing this blog their is one bike that has NEVER been pictured!  And it's our mascot, company show off bike!  Anyone visiting the shop has seen it leaning against the post outside, and we are constantly asked "how do you get on that thing?" and "can you really ride it?"  Well this morning in celebration of the passing of another year I got inspired to take it for a cruise through the parking lot and up the street (to stretch my Leo-istic urge to showboat and say "HEY Look at me!)  Zombie -boy, whom has never actually seen me ride it before grabbed his camera and took some snaps.  So below I offer up proof that "Yes" it can be ridden!"

ONLY $155.00!!


This is the one that sold on the rack but I wanted to show 'ya!



As I've said before...I have way to much FUN on my job!

1 comment:

  1. YOU are a riot.

    For me, the solstice is the new year. Today is just the first day of the new calendar.

    ReplyDelete