Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

A twinge of Pride

Funny thing happened on the way to pick up the kids from school yesterday, that held a delayed reaction.  usually when I pick them up I leave at a particular time as to not be standing around to long waiting on them (I am not a patient person) Well this day with Angela here she was worried that I may get there to late so sent me off  little earlier.  SO as I was standing there WAITING for the kids to come out the various other person picking their kids up began to file in.  Now some of these folks walk to get there kids OR drive or ride their bikes.   And the kids who ride their bikes to school are starting to ride off.  So as I'm standing there they are mingling about and an interesting thing occurs to me as I watch, Most of the bikes I see coming and going are bikes that we built!  Now you may ask yourself "how do you know they're your bikes?"  to that I answer "How do you know those are your kids?"  Ours is not a cookie cutter company.  Granted we may get a lot of the same particular models from time to time (Mongoose XR-75, Road master Mt Fury, and Next Power X comes to mind) but in most cases after these bikes have been in the possession of the person we bought them from they have developed "character".  And when you spend anywhere from 6 hours to 6 days working on rebuilding a bike you become INTIMATELY acquainted with the bike.  And we have certain signature ways of doing things that are recognizable to us.  It didn't hit me until much later in the day as Angela the kids and I were enjoying a wonderful home cooked meal provided by friends of Kerri a WONDERFUL young couple who in the words of the husband "have been there before"  And I couldn't help but smile, and feel so appreciative of the wonderful blessings we have been provided.  Now I know I belabor the point from time to time but even amongst all the BS we all have to deal with I take solace in the fact that we are all in it together, and we are afforded the opportunity to help others.  By establishing a business that has allowed us to provide a necessary product and services for alot of folks to get to and from work and school or to haul the groceries home a little easier has blossomed into what we ALWAYS WANTED, to become more a part of our community.  And in some small way our misfortune has allowed some of them the same opportunity.  I can't say this enough folks "It's us and not some faceless corporation, or government Deity that's gonna pull us out, it's in our hands!" And from what I have seen over the last couple of weeks my faith in humanity is FIRMLY in place and in tact!
God Love all of you, and may you be blessed!
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment