Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Thanks

To all the folks sending out good energy our way.  Angela is improving and will hopefully be home today or tomorrow!  and not a moment to soon!  I know it sounds selfish on my part, as she's the one suffering, but after being blessed with the same woman for 20 years....I can't sleep without her!  I know we may have differing opinions that....occasional become....impassioned discussions, but I couldn't imagine being with anyone else.  Literally.  Ever been in a relationship when at certain times you think..What if?  The Road Less Taken as it were.  Well I've done that from time to time, and Zip.  I honestly cannot even conjure up a scenario of my life without her and my kids in it.  So with that in mind I share this with you for her!
Now to lighten the mood (as my wife would said "you can't remain serious for more then 3 minutes!") On Friday, as we have been having to stay elsewhere after the electrical fire (OH yea, it;s been a fun week!) I sent the kids to the house with the older boy to clean up there messes (no not the fire) I came down shortly after.  Upon realizing that not only had they NOT begun cleaning but they were all running about higgly piggly with various parts of their bodies wrapped in duck tape (don't ask me) and the house was more of a mess.  Needless to say I ...discussed...my displeasure.  once I had made my point I went to utilize the facilities to find that not only was the bathroom a disaster are but...somehow...the toilet seat ring was cracked in three pieces and then neatly put back together and the lid put down.  Now here's where my children's adeptness at acting and convincing storytelling come to the forefront.  APPARENTLY...It was that way when they got there.
UNH, hunh.
Well I had been at the house the night before and utilized the restroom, and for a brief moment the idiot that resides in all parents (oh don't try and deny it) I actually caught myself thinking "GOD Have I gotten THAT fat!?!?" But my faith in my own ability to re-memeber that my but had not gotten pinch, I had to endure the standard  "It wasn't me!" that quickly degrades int "It was Him" finger pointing as they realize I'm not buying it.  But I have to give them kudos, they gave me a second of pause!

No comments:

Post a Comment