Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Just Imagine...


Where we could go if we just use our imagination, and a little elbow grease!
Well yesterday was a Trek day! The '07 Navigator sold.  It was cool to. A young gentleman was refereed to us by a friend whom re-ferred to us as "Wicked cool People!" (Thank you so much for the compliment, Angela is cool...I'm just wicked (heheheeh)) Upon Learning that the bike was "Only $170!?!?" he whipped out 2 $100's and THEN rode it, happy as a pig in....mud.  No sooner had that one sold (he was loading it in his van) then another Trek (this one a Navigator 400) came in.  SO, hopefully when I get the Wicked cool Giant I'm working on done, I'll start on this one.  Speaking of the Giant, with no disrespect meant to the previous owner, this one is the 2004 model (white and black), now when it came in on trade it was a wreck! to be fair the owner had forewarned me that it was rough.  Purchased as recreation life and such prevented him from being able to ride on a regular basis.  So with no storage space it sat out int he elements.  Rusted solid, paint on the front fork bubbling I thought it a lost cause.  However it is such an attractive bike I thought I'd give it a shot.  Well bust my buttons!  Once I Man handled it down to frame (with ALOT of help from PB Blaster) and started to clean it up, under the rust coating was a new bike!  There wasn't even any signs of wear on the brake shoes!  So be looking for this one (hopefully) by the end of the day, as she will be a KILLAH!
Again thanks to all for the continued well wishing from everyone for My sweet Angela's recovery.  She is doing as well as to be expected, but already going melancholy for lack of time with her children.  Worse thing you can do to her is keep her sequestered from her kids.  And thanks to Our daughter in law, Audrey for playing cab driver to me and the kids so we can visit.  Wish we could spend more time there with her but Owen?  Around a place with SO much curiosities?  Uhn Unh!  Hopefully she'll be home in a day or two.
Well as Izy is now napping I'm hoping I can get a little work done. shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment