Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lungs...meet Oxygen!

I think I cough now more then I ever did smoking!  They say when you quit the body starts to expel the toxins.  Oh isn't that a joy!  Well I keep plugging!
Well today was alot of re-pairs day, and put out fires day (don't ask) but in the end I maintained a level clear head (AH.....hunh.) Put out that KHS I was working on, it's a real shiner! Don't see many of these out there, and after a full re-furb she's in AWESOME shape!  Again I apologize for the quality of picture.  Zombie boy finished up a couple re-pairs and is continuing to work on the Dahon he's been putzin with for more 'n a week.  At this point if I charged by the hour the bike would be selling for around $700.00! (just kidding!) He seems VERY proud of his creation. 
Can't wait to see it when it's done.
someday.
soon?
Bought MORE goodies today and don't ask me where I'm gonna put 'em!  Got another workman 3 wheeler that is a DEFINITE candidate for a Before And After photo shoot!  WOOF!  this thing is ROUGH!  I'll take snaps tomorrow when it's light out.  Got a (soon to be) nice Royce Union MTB, and a couple more bangers.  So the Little Engine That Could is still pluggin!
Had a weird conversation today i don't quite know how to process.  Had a gentleman come in, well dressed, obviously some sort of professional that was asking the basic question, "What we do" "how we do it" "where we get our material" and then stated that he'd been "asking" around about us.  That every one he talked to knew about us and gave us good compliments.  I liked to hear that, but then he said something strange, he said that we should really consider "raising" our prices.
?
That's an odd thing for a potential customer to say.  he went on to say that if the other shops in town were charging  more for doing the same thing then we should to.  That I should try it and that I'd be surprised, that people would be willing to pay it.
?
That may all be true, but we are here BECAUSE all the other shops in town charge what they charge.  And with no small amount egotism attached, before us they had no other option.  Won't go into all the reason why (again) we do what we do (don't want to bore you...too much) but just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should!
Still all and all he didn't buy anything, and just left with an odd smile on his face.
Strange.

2 comments:

  1. probably a competitor who thinks you "took" some off his business when in reality he "lost" some of his business. mama always said to first consider the source and then decide how much time you want to spend on it. dont worry about guys like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda got that feeling too. It makes you wonder just how dumb do they think we are?

    ReplyDelete