Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

I Be Pimpin'!

I would say today has been a quite day, but the kids were here most of the day, so I can't.  They have been couped up in that 1 hotel room and it's getting a little claustrophobic in there.  Not to mention deadly to walk through, so momma let 'em hang out here for the day. Plus I don't think she really wanted to go back there earlier either.  She spent the morning cleaning it up and she needed her shop time, to regain perspective!
Speaking of the home  front, Just got word this evening from the new landlord that the House is ready and he's bringing the keys by tomorrow!! YAY!!  Now we get to pack. BOOO!! maybe there's some way I can get out of helping?  I KNOW!  Over the next week or so you folks can help by coming in with a lot of re-pairs and buy a lot of bikes so I HAVE to stay here and work! YEA, that's the ticket!  (Shameless capitalistic ploy, hunh?) But trust me you will be performing a public service by protecting the peace and all sound ordinances, as Momma's style of packing is to thoroughly organize and carefully pack, where as mine is to grab trash bags and chuck about 90% of three years accumulation of cra...stuff. (arguments ensue)
Well, Matt finished up a couple re-pairs then went on to start work on the old (way old) K-Mart road bike we got in last week, and boy I'll tell you, it's looking pretty sharp, nice shiny chrome under that layer of rust.  He opted for a full re-paint.  Wisely, he has chosen to avoid the K2, leaving that for someone with calm resolve and patience.  But seeing as there's no one working here like that, I guess I'll do it.
As for me, i put out to new kids bikes.  They were a backyard find, covered in OODLES of rust, but the bodies were in good shape, i couldn't let myself scrap them.  And I'm starting on some other bangers, as we are about out of those.  Have a couple prime MTB's for that category.
Hopefully Zombie-boy will be off his back by tomorrow and back in to finish up his goodies.
Now briefly on to the Pimpin'!
After a lull of 3 months that my artist, Afro-monkey couldn't dedicate to the strip he's back at it in earnest.  Ya'll could do me a favor, if you would please.  and go on over and check out www.wartscomics.blogspot.com for me.  We've stockpiled a couple weeks of strips and he's updating the sight every couple of days.  our hope is to someday be able to syndicate the strip, but in order to make the product more tasty to the syndicates they like to know there's a built in audience.  So please, check it out and enter in the comments section what you think, good,  bad or otherwise.
We'd greatly appreciate it!
Well now, it's back to work for a brief time then home to shower and Friday night movie!
ONLY $45.00!!

NICE transitional BMX 18"er
ONLY
$40.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment