Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Seem's like a Dogs age!

It's only been 3 days since my last post, but it may have well been a lifetime.  First I have to apologize for several things.
1; For not posting. Many things have conspired to keep me from sitting at this computer, the least of which being the computer had seemed to crap the bed.  But thanks to my trusty sidekick Zombie-boy, he got it up and running.  I am of the technological expertise as to think that slapping the thing, if hard enough will bend it to my will.....not so much.
2: Not updating anyone as to my lovely wife's condition.  Her body was unable to heal itself so she had to undergo what the doctors described as an easy operation.  But as always they need to cover their but, legally and prior to the day they go through all the potential "risks".  Needless to say it didn't set my mind at ease.  My wife, taking it in stride try to comfort ME!  I'm a big wuss, what can I say.  Well on the day of the procedure, I walked her as far as I could, they then told me she'd be out in "about" an hour.
3 hours later.
She's still in the OR and the little lady who sits in the little glass booth "can't give me any information"
So folks, sorry to say it was at that point...I needed a cigarette.
I know, I'm weak and I hope that you do not think less of me.  I'm still going to try, but at the same time I'm dying from panic, and lack of info, I get a phone call from the middle school my 13 year old attends.
LORD!
Seems he has ONCE AGAIN not come to school.  Needless to say at this point my rage is fueled by my fear.  I tell the campus police to "FIND" him, and give him the name of one of his buddies he hangs around at school with. Lo and behold that boy's not in school either.
Well they never find him and he wanders into the shop at the appointed "coming home time" A little dazed and bloodshot.  Your guess what he's into now.
So as the schools have no power what soever to ensure that he actually STAYS in school, he's done.  He'll be going to "Daddy's home school"as of tomorrow.  I was going to wait until my wife was fully re-covered, but that ship has sailed.
3: The lack of new stock.  Jay's been doing an admirable job of keeping the place going, but has been more preoccupied with re-pairs then being able to focus on building.  And a special "Thank You" to Matt, who has been coming in in the afternoons after his day job to help out.   They've got a couple about 90% done, and will hopefully see the sales floor this afternoon.  Me?  I have today to get my bearings straight and pick up where I left off.  Several project's in the works and I'm going to try and finish them up.
So Angela's doing better, she's a strong woman, but a better doctor then a patient.  That's not to say she's hard on the hospital staff, no quite the opposite.  She's trying to hard to get better to fast.  Restraining herself from asking them to help, wanting to get up and move around as soon as she came out of the anesthetic...etc. As I say "strong willed".
To top it all off, the condition of our home has NOT improved.  With the landlord MIA and me not willing to "shell out" the cash to remedy the problem, we have decided to take up residence 3 doors down.  The problem?  The house we intend to move into will not be ready until the end of the month beginning of February.  SO!  Had to move the whole clan back into a weekly rental place.  Not the Ritz by ANY stretch of the imagination, but it's on the bus line we need, and I can coordinate the whole "Get-'em-to-school-on-time" thing."
 Gonna be a fun few weeks!
So I thank you all for your concern and patience, and hope you all bear with us until we get our sealegs!

2 comments:

  1. Ooof. Honey, I'm so sorry. Just keep breathing (and writing... writing helps). I know I'm way up here and you're way down there and I haven't seen you in nearly 30 years, but if there's anything you need that I can give you, just say the word and it's yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right when you say sealegs because that is how life is. it all comes in waves and tides, good or bad. so please have faith and do keep writing because your readers really do care. hang in there and don't worry about the smokes, you'll quit when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete