Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

this is the end.....

aw hell.
 I know I'm weak.  And this will probably be one of the toughest things I've ever attempted, but as our suspicions have been confirmed my lovely wife's ailment was caused by smoking.  This has led to her now having to undergo surgery.  So it is with no small twinge of remorse I have realized that this is a wake-up call.  And like with so much else in life we wait until catastrophe to strike before we act.  I am so sorry that it had to be Angela suffering the catastrophe.  So after 35 years of smoking I will be giving it up.
Ugh.
I know if you are a non-smoker you can't understand my melancholy, but so much is emotionally and mentally attached to the act of smoking the chemical reactions in your body etc.  It will be a void that I have no idea how I will fill, and hopefully not turn to food for supplement (God Forbid, I'm fat enough!)
So here's hoping I don't kill someone during the de-tox!
Now to work!  Still working with more re-pairs that have been coming in (thank you!).  Bought even more goodies yesterday, thankfully some more banger material!  YAY!  Unfortunately still not much new gone out...yet!
Hope to remedy that by this evening!
'till then....

6 comments:

  1. I wish you good luck with this. Never having smoked myself, I can't exactly sympathize, but I CAN say that you (and everyone around you) will be healthier for your quitting.

    One day at a time, my friend; one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait.... I just did the math.... you started smoking when you were SEVEN?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your pain.

    Smoked for about 10 years solid at a pack a day. But I didn't start until my mid 20's after I got out of the Navy.

    Small steps is what did it for me, at first just cutting back. Once I got to the point I could go a couple of days with out one I started to notice the effects on my body when I would have one again. That is what got me to really decide to stop.

    Anyway, good luck my friend you have my sincere wishes for success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm sorry to hear about you wife and sorry you have to quit smoking. i too am a smoker 40 years. every doctor says the same thing except the ones who smoke. i asked my doctor why none of my birds havent died from second hand smoke and got no answer. she never brought up the subject again. good luck to you and your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it Steve. Your mother did. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Acctually I started a little before I turned 9. I snuck a pack of my mom's Winston 100's on the bus and Loren and I started together. back in them days a kid my age could go into Lindy's Market and buy them ourselves.

    ReplyDelete