Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Downhill?

I want to know who came up with the concept that the word "downhill" was a negative connotations, as in "it's all downhill from here" or "after he just went downhill" because let me tell you after hooking up my little cart  to haul the dirty laundry to the "Mat" near work...I WISH the journey was downhill!  But it may as well have been the Himalayas for all I was concerned!  Hauling 100 lbs of dirty laundry from Edgwater heading East up that homkin' steady grade? WOOF!  I'm SO out of shape!
BUT on the good side it has been over 4 days since my last smoke (no I have NOT cheated!) and as a pleasant side effect I have been wanting things healthy for me!  Weird I know!  Instead of having my customary pot and a half of coffee, I only had 1 CUP!  I had a craving for, of all things ORANGE JUICE!?!  Surreal!  Have I wanted a smoke?  Oh at time I'm nicin' like a "Morph-Fiend" but have persevered!
Angela has been going without for over 2 weeks, Friday was bad only because she was back in her element here at the shop, Old habits and all that ya know!
OK so shop talk.  We had a moment of briskness yesterday, sold three off the floor and one out of the back, Thank you all!  And Thanks to all who came in to pick up their re-pairs, it was getting a little crowded in here!  And then thank you to all the folks that brought in more!!  We appreciate your trust. After the little rush the clouds moved in, it got cold, everyone scurried home, and we focus the remainder of the day working on re-pairs and Zombie-boy was pumping out more goodies!  A special SHOUT OUT to one of regulars (and he knows who he is) He Bought his 8th and 9th bike from us yesterday!  A couple more of his kids have come down from New York and he was getting them transportation (smart man)   thanks to you!
Got a call yesterday from a potential customer asking about a few of the bikes we have listed on Craigslist, and then asked our hours, when he discovered we we're open 7 days a week and until 8 pm he asked "why so late?"  OK good question, and one I'm afraid I didn't answer so well, as I was in the middle of 3 things during the conversation (what can I say I multitask!)  So here's the straight poop " Most people work during the day, they are your customers, someone shouldn't sacrifice they're lunch break to run errands or visit the bike shop, and because most people get out of work at 5 and they have like, a 1-2 hour commute home, when do they have time to take care of  their bike?  Our busiest time's around here are from 7-8pm, most nights we're here even later.  So in short, we are here for the customers, NOT the other way around!
Got in some WAY COOL goodies yesterday as well!  Old school Murray Westport single speed cruiser, Nice Schwinn single speed cruiser (wow! 2 in one day! I'm happier then Lindsay Lohans tape worm!)  Got 2 count em two, twin, his and hers, OLD SCHOOL!!!! Univega Metro five's!! and bought another trucks worth of unique fixer-uppers (or parts bikes...we'll see!)  and to top it off rescued two more from the ditches of Clearwater!  They will live again!
So with all that i have even more work a brewing, Check out the new goodies below!
LIKE NEW!!
ONLY $40.00!!

MANY GIRLS BIKES TO COOSE FROM!
$15-$35!!!


LETS GO OLD SCHOOL!!
ONLY $85.00!!



GORGEOUS Full re-build, re-paint!!!
Classic Specialized Rock Hopper!
ONLY $155.00!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment