Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday!!!

It's a gorgeous day.  Why are you sitting inside?  We have had a week or more of frigid temps, and once again it's (almost) t-shirt weather!  I know there is a little voice in the back of your head saying...."Get OUT(side)"!  And believe me when I tell you you MUST obey the voices in your head!
Nervous?
Your just jealous that the voices like me, more then you.
Where was I?
Oh Yea, It's a great day for bike riding, so get on out and....
What's that you say?
You don't have a bike?!
Your bike doesn't work right?
(heh heh)
Well COME ON DOWN!  We'll get you up and riding right! (that didn't sound right)
So on today's menu is more building of goodies, Matt is in and is in a STRANGE mood.  He just left riding a 12" boys bike with training wheels?  Don't ask me, I'M the SANE one!  We are kid free here today, as it being Sat they are at the hotel vegging out to cartoons. Speaking of cartoons, I must lament at the current Board of fare as far as cartoons go.  Angela was flipping through channels and realized there were none on the major stations and had to settle for CN.  I say, bring back the classics!  I'm gonna do a rare thing and offer up one of the many ideas I have rattling around in my vacuous head.  I think some DVD production company should develop a series of boxed sets, called simply "Saturday morning's" and instead of just 1 title of shows actually produce in each boxed set a year of Saturday morning cartoons.  You can even start back in the 50's up until the advent of cable (when everything got screwed up.  But play in chronological order each week of cartoon blocks, commercial  and all for the three major networks of the time (each on their own disc)  Each box set represents 1 year.  And in the "special features" you can show the specials that each Network had premiering that years new cartoons, interviews etc.  I know all that material is still out there, probably be a licensing head ache, but someone should give it a shot!
All right enough of that I have to get my butt in gear and start puttin' out some stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment