Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

23 Hours 18 minutes and 43 seconds

May as well be a lifetime.  This count reflects the time that has elapsed since my last cigarette.
(pause for effect)
Surprisingly...no one has been killed.  And it's what needs to happen.  After seeing what Angela went through was a real reality check.  And I can't be party to providing temptation for her.  If I smell like it or have smokes available, she may fall prey to weakness.  Besides quitting can only help.  She has done surprisingly well.  It's been 12 days for her and she hasn't disemboweled me yet (imagine trying to deal with me 24/7 without the benefit of chemical stimulation!) And a special shout out to Matt!  Whether it be seeing what happened to Angela or just because he thought it was time to, but he's quit as well, I think 4 days now!
And a grateful "Thank You" to Kerri (the Panera Bread Lady)!  She found out that the Hotel room we are staying in has no stove, so she got on her Network of friends and they have pledged a warm meal for the next week!  Thank you so much!  The Kids loved the Pizza last night, and were fighting over the bones! 
So Mamma's back, and in celebration of her re-turn?  She spent the first 2 hours re-arranging the room.  Try and stop her (Irish mom...remember?).  But our son Elijah is staying home with her for the next couple days so I can get work done here at the shop.  She can't lift anything for the next couple weeks, and with Izy you have to be able to LIFT!  Such a cute little puddumn!  Her cheeks alone weigh ten pounds!
And a special side story, last night as we all sat around talking (and eating pizza) my little 6 year old princess Rozy used the word "impediment" last night, in a proper sentence!  I was quite impressed!  It fills me with hope for our families future (odds were we'd get 1 smart one!)
OK I gotta pause here for a second.  I just got off the phone with Angela. Once again my contention that there is good in most people has been re-affirmed.  Apparently one of Kerri's network of friends just stopped by the Hotel with a care package and within that care package was an envelope filled with cash. 
WOW!  Not only is it a TREMENDOUS gift but signifies an enormous amount of trust on her part!  We thank you tremendously as it has bought us time to get back on our feet and me to get more stock put out to start doing my job again! 
So with that...I better start my job again!
With much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment