Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

! What the....!?!?!

OK In all fairness to those of you accustomed to my normal frivolity, and lighthearted fare...you may want to stop reading now.
THIS time is one consumed with a dollop of frustration if not downright sniitiness.  I'll set the stage for you.  Earlier this afternoon I sat down at my desk to fill out my order.  I order new material from two sources, one locally (who orders from Miami) and one in Chicago.  Normally I just jaunt down to my local supplier, have a gab session, and place my order, but as we have been quite busy I'd decided to just shoot him an e-mail and go on with my work.  Trouble is I forgot to write down is e-mail address. Well as he is another bike shop, I just called up Google under "Bike shops in Clearwater" to retrieve it. Whilst I was there i looked for our listing (I always get a certain amount of pride seeing our name on-line and in print...vain of me, I know)  its usually regulated to the 5th or 6th spot.  Well not today..so I scan the listings, all of them...nothing?  OK check Yahoo, we're listed there as well...at least we were.  So now I'm getting iirked (I might even go as far as to say, peeved)   I look and I look nothing!  See, I'm not what you may call computer savvy, but I can hunt and peck.  No where in those listings does it say there's an expiration date  or anything like that.  So I start to wonder.  When we first started out we were quickly the target of some nasty attacks, on craigslist and so forth, then the pressure put on the city by SOME local bike shops to close down.  And we are always getting flagged off Craigslist and have to continually re-post.  But this?  My buddy at the other bike shop has told me stories of another shop (no longer local) who had targeted him when he first opened, and somehow gained access to his on line accounts and such, wreaking havoc, but he survived (and his aggressor did not. Karma)  So perhaps I should not take any of this to personally.  Lord knows I have my fun at their expense.  But deliberately sabotaging someone.  Where exactly, do you draw the line.  Just how low will some people stoop.  Petty of me? Perhaps.  Naive? more then likely. I guess I'm just a little polyannish about the whole thing, but as I've always said "there is PLENTY of business to divy out.  I mean the customer is going to make the final decision.   It's kinda like stacking the deck, or cheating at a board game.  Where's the satisfaction of accomplishment in that?  Well not to worry, 'm not gonna go all postal, or start messing with their business flow.  in the end good service, good product and lower prices will win out.
As for product, unfortunately I've nothing new to show.  We were so slammed with special orders on Sunday, and already being four behind in the pipe, we focused on them today.  We were also down one man. Noel was out on personal reasons, and all my prayers go out to him, and we hope to see him tomorrow.  But have no fear I will be focusing most of my time on the 'morrow to putting out more store stock.  Got in a few goodies today I want to see on the floor.  As it stands we're down to three Agna.  So until a present you with a bevy of new beauties...adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment