Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pay it Forward

Often enough I talk about how I enjoy the community I work in.  And days like today only fortify it.  I had no idea what was going on until I popped in next door to Subway to get a drink, and find one of my regulars, Matt after just leaving the shop, sitting down with a nice retiree.  Seems when she was leaving the plaza her car ran out of gas.  Robin, Matt and another lady helped to push her car back in the parking lot.  Another regular of ours took his bike and ran over to get her gas, while Mohamed the manager of Subway rescued her groceries and put them in his walk in cooler (sun would have fried the perishables)  And as she was a little flustered from the experience, Matt took time off in his day to sit with her to help her calm down.
As I say, my belief in humanity seems to have increased with age and experience.
Shop talk:  Well aside from a very annoying cough, The worst seems behind me.  So I have been able to focus a little more energy on getting things back together.  Put out three bikes yesterday, but alas no pics, as they all sold (2 before they were even done) and on even before I could take a pic.  SOOOO we are back to square 1.  Had a few repairs come in so had to hop on those but now I'm back at it with an old AMF road bike for starter.
Got in a potentially nice Mongoose MTB men's, and a Huffy woman's.  PLUS got a sweet old school Dyno BMX'r in on trade.  And all the other goodies i have to choose from.  Noel's working on a Jamis comfort cruiser, should be ready tomorrow, and Zombie-boy has taken the day off to mend his injured hand.
As Jeremy was going to our supplier yesterday he was clipped by a car exiting a parking lot (they NEVER look to the right!) and was promptly thrown from his bike.  Scratched up his leg and sprained his hand, and toasted his bike.  But as he is a kind soul, realized that the woman with children in car was quite freaked out, told her "no Problem' and let the whole matter drop.
But he and the extended family were over the house last night for Logan's B-day party (a day early as momma headed out for MO today) and after the party we sat on the lanai, ad had an impromptu concert with David and Jay accompanying on guitars.  The kids got into it and its surprising how many song Rozy can sing along to!  Don't ask me though, I have a voice akin to dragging screws across a chalk board!
Well I am back to it, ya'll have a good day and .....I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment