Search This Blog

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Coffee, a Tickle Fight, and Fresh Socks

What an AWESOME morning (rain not withstanding)!  Was awoken this morning at 7.00 am (got to sleep in!) to Izy'z demands for a fresh diapee and bo-bo (ok cut me some slack I'm a father!) Once fed, I cuddled her for a little while and smelled her head.  No its not weird, if you have children you'll know they all have their own scent, primal yes, but inhale their scent is INCREDIBLY calming I have no idea why, but it is.  BUT underlying her scent was something a little more, shall we say, stinky. It then dawned on me it had been a couple of days since her last bath.  Baby bath in hand it was into the water with my little Pudumn.  After drying the oil massage to keep the blood working.  Its probably the only time its just me and her and we get to talk and bond. And she loves it when you rub her face!  Inevitably, once in her onesee she passed out.  Now I get to have coffee!  Nectar of the Gods!  No sooner have I taken my position on the Lanai, my little Princess Rozy comes stumbling out "'mornin daddy".  This little one is my female Doppelganger.  I swear coffee in my lineage is a biological imperative.  No she ain't drinking it yet, that i know of.  After coffee we went inside and her i and Logan partook in a game of  "What Am I" And I'm tellin you these little guys are as smart as a whip! After several rounds as always organized play degraded into an all out tickle war/wrestling match.  Culminating in Logans famous "Death From Above" Body slam.  He always nails my groin I swear.  So limping away to recoup...more coffee "cures what ails ya" Then Owen wakes up with his ritualistic morning question "Dad, can I have cereal?" Typical. Then all hell brakes loose as we are met with a barrage of "your using to much milk!" and "Your not going to eat all that!" which, again typical, devolves into fisticuffs..Sigh! "Wow! Look at the time!" Gotta get to work! (heh,heh,heh)
Now, let me tell you a little secret (totally unrelated) I have long sought an occupation that could afford me one minor indulgence, and although I'll never get rich doing what I do (and not to worry I could care less about that) I have been able to afford the $5.75 a week to fulfill my pathological obsession.
Fresh socks.  Yes you heard me right.  Some have their collectibles, some their pharmaceuticals needs, me?  I've always wanted to be able to wear a new pair of socks each day.  No I don't waste them. Once washed they are handed down to my older boys, but I've just always loved the feel of a new pair of sock, a feeling that can never be repeated once washed. A minor compulsion, but after 43 years I feel like I can indulge myself.  Color me imperfect.
OK on to work ('bout time, I hear you grunt) We bought a lot of goodies Fri and sat and have already processed a few (pics Right) and their out for sale, and the Fuji's already being coveted by several parties, so if you have nothing better to do, and the game hasn't started yet come on down and pick out your preciousssss.
(work off all the snackin' you'll be doin' today and tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment