Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Canadian Mounties, Always Get There Man!

And I never let a Canadian bike get the best of me!  The CCM is FINALLY finished and "BOY Howdy!" does she look GOOD! (wow, lots of caps there)
She was a chore but worth it in the end!  I started with an old school CCM frame (pictured right) and some brain stormin' . Loved the molded chain guard and wanted to make it POP!  Well... old school, think Woody Wagon...WOOD!  But let me tell you trying to find a nice piece of veneer, just a sliver? Next to IMPOSSIBLE! They want to sell you a whole roll for, like a GAjillion dollars, Nah, ah!  Decals? can't find them. So while stumbling through ACE Hardware, in a trance like state seeking Divine inspiration..The muse Twanged me over the head with a 2X4..SHELF PAPER!  A little spray adhesive, exacto knife (watch the fingers) and spray lacquer..viola'
Instant Woody!
The crank is an English 52 tooth, with a 5 pack Shimano in the back.  Due to the play in the gearing opted for a road bike shifter (allows for a little wiggle room) Searched the bins for a nice set a brakes to compliment the body, went with a charcoal metallic gray, with cherry wood accent on the wheel and fork, vintage seat and grips with the levers bein' off a'... I don't know what.  And this is what I came up with (to the right under the "before pics)

No comments:

Post a Comment