Search This Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Re-Newal of Faith

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I LOVE living and working in this community!  Why may you ask?  I'll tell you!  Seems my co-hort Ray worked a little late last night trying to put the finishing touches on a little Springers  rear end (wait..that didn't sound right) and in his exit (somehow) left his keys in the door. Yes, you heard that right. Ranks pretty high on the "Bonheadametertron!" So..needless to say at midnight when I got a call from the Clearwater PD the officer didn't even get to finish his sentence before I was on the Schwinn and out the door!  That's the beauty of being two blocks away.  Well the officers were kind enough to hang out and wait (trusting souls, considering what I look like at Midnight) while I entered and inspecting the store.  Thankfully nothing was amiss.  Turns out one of the officers was a fellow enthusiast and we had mutual friends. The really cool thing was the person to call it in just happened to be walking by to go to Subway when they noticed the keys, and alerted the kind folks there about the situation.  Then waited themselves until the police arrived to ensure our little shops safety.  See this is one reason why I have faith that humanity shall survive the domination of the machines/invasion of aliens/subjugation of the Tomatoes scenario.  I personally believe that as a whole, we're not the bastards some other species think we are (Damn Venusians...think they're so high and mighty) Me I'd rather be in...Uranus.
Sorry, but I will stoop to any lows for a joke!
SOOOOO (fade to black/new scene)
On the business front!  Have done more BUYING!! Why...'Cause its SATURDAY, YAYYYY!!!
That's when all my buds empty out there wherevers to bring me goodies.  Thanks to Scott (Trek Guy) for all the kids bikes, and the really SWEEET Old school Chicago Schwinn Collegiate!  Many thanks to Chip for his weekly visit and good stories!  And Eric and his "trailer of wonders", got a real nice Ross 64cm road bike, Ross woman's cruiser, Specialized Hard Rock (real sweet) and a Sterling (?) City Cruise 5.  Nice looking bike higher end components, just never heard the name before.  Thanks to my son David for always giving us a reason to laugh (mostly after a heavy night of frivolity) He's so easy to mess with! Have had more folks commenting on this gabfest, driving them (probably out of morbid curiosity, akin to that of slowing down to view a grisly accident) to come in and meet the orator of this mishigaus.  And they both in turn are interested in having some custom made touring bikes built for them (More'n happy!) Another re-turn customer came in to upgrade last years purchase and left VERY happy on the Sidewinder! Well I could ramble on and on (as you all are well aware) but away I must go!  Dinner for the kiddies and all that!  So 'till then..

No comments:

Post a Comment