Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Thou Shalt not covet

But I am definitely committing a sin right now!  I don't often go GaGa over the bikes that come through here.  Don't get me wrong!  I love bikes, and appreciate all that come through here but I mean GAGA! Frothy drool forming at the corners of your mouth, weak kneed, head swimmin', aching groin kinda GAGA!  Well it happened today.  Had a couple come in today to check out the store, and chit chat.  Liked what we do and some of the custom work we've put out, so the guy casually asks about an old cruiser hes got and could I spruce it up a bit.  I say Sure, thinking hes talking about some rusty murray or schwinn or whatever.  Intrigued he says hes going to go and grab it and let me check it out to give him a price.  They leave, and I go back to work, an hour later they're back  pushing a complete '43 (roughly dated) Western Flyer!!!!!!!(pic right)  Oh my god I think I heard something POP!  He wants a full restoration...(feelin light headed, sorry) so I get to play with this beauty for a little while.  OH...JOY!
On to other things.  I'd like to give a shout out to the folks listenin' in in Canada (ey) Ecuador, Brazil and the UK!!! What UP!! (now they KNOW we Yanks are NUTS!)
OK. Policy briefing:  An oft ask question (I'm sure in all of re-tail) you take plastic, right? Nope.  Checks? Nope.  "Why?" you may ask.  Well like so many of the things we do it is either politically or ecologically motivated.  Simply put, the world is in the financial stress its in right now, why? Debt.  Debt and make believe money and trading pieces of paper (not to mention the housing, but I won't get into that, not today at least!)  Also if I charge $60 for a bike lets say, I'm not going to let you pay $120.00+ for it.  Bottom line.  To many people put it on the plastic then take some time to pay it off, but all their paying is the minimum balance, so like your grandchildren better inherit the bike, 'cause they'll probably be paying for it!  "But isn't that my choice?" Well yes, but if I walk buy you on the street and you decide you want to through yourself in front of a bus..I'M GONNA STOP YA!
Checks?  Well that's more because we did for a while and more 'n 90% came back no good.  Again, living on expectant wealth.  Not good.
So in the end, we want nothing more then to serve you well, and we GUARANTEE you won't have to pay a penny more then list price!
PS. Don't forget to check out last entries $20 trivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment