Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

It echos in here....

I is a LUCKY Man!!
What a difference a day makes!  My wife is winging her way to MO.  My older boy is playing mommy (as my wife's over protective but well meaning friends, (continuously) check in!) and I'm (infused with new found energy) banging away on bikes.  And I have to. As I say it ECHOS in here.  Sold the last re-maining 6 adult size bikes today.  Met a very nice couple from WI in for the week, realizing its cheaper to buy 2 bikes here then rent them anywhere else (they also can sell them back at 50% when there done with them) so they made us one of there first stops. COOL! Robin was back in for ANOTHER tube change (2nd in less then 24 hours) that boy needs to look where hes going.  We have a real problem with sand spurs here.  Had another nice lady buy the 90's style splatter paint bike (ugly bike, but well meaning).  We have a real soft spot for mutts around here...the bike not the lady. Shes down for a few weeks and heard about us as well (look at me...I'm gushing!)  And while I'm on the subject of visitors a big HELLO to ALL our new readers in Russia!  Wow!  there were a lot of hits from there.  After listening to ME rant I bet there re-thinking that whole Perestroika (sp?) thing, hunh?  Met a REAL COOL couple from Georgia today (US not Russia).  Shes in the Navy and where their stationed I guess lot of bikes just get abandoned so they've gotten into the practice of re-claiming them, fixing them up and giving them away to people in hopes of inspiring them to ride bikes not only for recreation but also transportation!  A BIG "BOOY-YA" for their RE-Cycling efforts.  Does my old heart great to hear such stories.  And they had heard of us and what we do and wanted to come in and say hello and check us out.  I'm SO glad they did!!!
(gross) Side note: when typing on the computer and reaching for you ice coffee MAKE SURE you are sure its yours BEFORE you take a sip...How long has that thing been sitting here anyway!?!?!
Thanks to Terry from bringing in some gems for me to re-build.  Great  arrangement we got.  He takes all my metal scrap to be re-cycled and any bikes he finds he brings to me to re-build!
Got an e-mail from Chip today, this month marks his last days (of 28 years) with Pinellas County.   But have no fear his publisher will have him busy hocking his wears for the nest few months to come.  Then hopefully he'll be hanging out with us from time to time! 
Well I'll probably be burning the midnight oil tonight as I've got to get more stuff out for sale...weekends coming.  So until our story continues tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment