Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday Mornings!

All right before I get to the meat of the matter, my conscious expanding, soul enlightening diatribe, let me say today was an odd Saturday, we actually had NO ONE come in to sell us anything...such strange goings on.  And we we're swamped with re-pairs.  Weird.  Usually everyone gets 'em fixed during the week then rides 'em on the weekend, (its called, a "pattern") guess everyone decided to through me off.  We moved out 3 to new homes today, had many swell folks in to visit, (didn't see Chip though) Was all in all a good day.  EXCEPT (here's my imitation of a cantankerous ol' coot) Was working on a cruiser conversion (to a 5-speed) and everything was going fine.  The (patient) customer had to be put off briefly this morning so we could finish (should have been done yesterday) Was just finishing up, flipped it over to run the shifter cables and...(pause for effect) I realize the frame is BENT!!! ARRRRRHG!!!  Well needless to say the customer was LESS then thrilled.  But it ended out OK, as Jeremy had put out a nice ladies 10 speed the night before, so we cut her a good deal, ended up paying less in the end, so she was happy.
My Pet peeve of the day... "Haters"  Oh I rant and rave about them from time to time but today I had a hussy fit (or is that a conniption, I forget) We do most of our advertising on Craigslist, as many of you know but lately we've been getting flagged, CONSTANTLY!  No Matter what we put in, BOOM within an hour we're gone! I tested it yesterday.  After being slammed I re listed a few of the ones flagged but renamed and wrote it differently...ten minutes, ten minutes and they hit us.  OY!  We (and some of the other "smaller" bike shops that we know) are met with this kind of sabotage, don't know how they do it, but it gets old real quick.  Doesn't matter what field of work or what have you you're in, I cannot abide the Big Guys from trying to stomp on all of us.  Just not copacetic.
Well seeing as today is what it is, I'm sure that patriotic duty, and all that I should speak about it, but it is flooding so many other outlets I won't do it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment