Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Resiliency (or is it elasticity)?

Given the events of the last 24 hours (ask me again sometimes) I gotta admit I am quite impressed by my wife and children, and their ability to adapt to adversity.  I know I rag on 'em from time to time but all in all beyond the basic love you feel (responsible) to feel for them (ha ha) I'd have to say that this is a group of diverse people I wouldn't mind hanging out with and calling friend (trust me that's HIGH praise coming from me).  And to top it off my two older boys took it upon themselves yesterday to *GASP!* clean and reorganize the garage!!!  Don't think that's a chore? Check out the pic's below! And I don't know if it's her Irish heritage of dealing with adversity or just her tenacious spirit but I have to give my wife alot of credit.  She may not like it to much when things go awry, but she sucks it up and takes care of business!  Keeps me grounded as well (a hard task indeed!)
So on to the whole work thing.  Us "Backyard Scabs" have been working late to pump out goodies, and I guess there's alot a folks visiting our Sunshine (HA!) State this past week, and alot of them are fond of bicycling, and apparently have discovered us realizing it's CHEAPER to buy a bike here then it is to rent one anywhere else.  So needless to say we can't build 'em fast enough.  Bought a nice Specialized yesterday and before I even got a chance to look it over it sold.  Also we picked up a SWEET Western Flyer Cruiser (haven't dated it yet) but it's going into the bay later today for re-paint.  Should be ready by tomorrow. ALSO Have finally committed to restoring that '54 Raleigh tourist with the pole brakes.  And we still have several projects in mid-production so keep an eye out for those.  Thanks to all the folks who came by yesterday to visit wish I had more to sell!  And as a side note, Had a visit from a lovely couple looking for a pair of bikes to hit the trails, I wish I had one's ready for them, but it inspired me to go to the garage (hence the inspiration for the boys cleaning it) and take pics of some of the vintage "in need of a good home so re-build me!" bikes.  those pics are below.  If you are looking to have a custom or re-furbed bike built for YOU, see if there;s anything here that tickles your fancy and let us know.  At least now I can FINALLY get to them without risk of serious injury!
So have a good day folks, talk at ya tonight!

RETRO FUN!!
Only $45.00!!

Our RE-Cycle Version of an "Urban Assault" 24" BMX!!!
ONLY $90.00!!



I wish I had a panoramic option on the camera 'cause this is ALOT of bikes!

Schwinn Tandem

Norman of England


10 speed

another Norman of England

schwinn



(Can't re-member)

columbia?

Raliegh

Concord

Norman of England

Schwinn

CCM

Huffy

Columbia

Schwinn

2 comments:

  1. hey steven, love you blog as always. i'm still looking for a step through bike. i'm old(56), short(5'3"), and fat(you really don't want to know trust me) so i need something sturdy. single speed is all i need but could learn to use more as i lose weight. i think i would prefer something in a light or bright color just not a dark color. oh yea and a big fat comfy seat. i'll keep watching. best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you dear! We do have an older Royce Union its a ten speed, but it's painted Watermelon! They don't come any BRIGHTER! Keep watching the blog for pics!

    ReplyDelete