Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Huffing is bad for you!

But around here it's an occupational hazard!
OY, my head and nose are both stuffed up!  The price we pay for our art!  Currently we have 4 paint projects going on and NO ONE wants to open a door on a day like today!  We have the big fan in the back but it only does so much.  I can hear my brain cells dying, and I only have so few to spare.   But once again we have dipped into the garage stock to keep 'em coming out.  The ones we had built just before and after Christmas have already sold.  Got to keep a good selection out.
Oh I'm rambling again, aren't I?
My "Urban Assault" BMX didn't turn out all that good (hey some experiments aren't always a success) however I was able to turn it around and it's drying now.  Started on another BMX and have a Free Spirit Road bike in paint as well. Zombie-Boy's working on his own GT 24" Urban assault bike, Chromoly frame starting to look like something nice.  Matt....poor Matt.  He worked the better part of the morning on a stubborn Schwinn BMX, then searching for another project settled on a ladies Trek MTB.  After a few hours of fighting the bottom bracket off, and a variety of other stubborn rusted parts, he set out to TRY and get off the seat post.  It was at this point I happened by and notice that lo and behold....The rear of the frame was bent...significantly.  Oops.  PARTS BIKE!  I'll give him credit though had it been me, we would have definitely discovered the aerodynamics of said bike.  Not to mention the tensile strength of the metal, given the velocity and rate of impact against concrete.
Well at least we have the parts to build up the Iron Man in the loft. 
A shout out to all the wonderful folks coming in today.  The "Haro" couple from a few weeks back that hesitantly bought the yellow Haro for their son for Christmas were relieved that he "LOVED" the bike.  Had a minor break on one of the bike levers (he REALLY loved it) Christmas morning but it was a quick fix.  And to the gentleman from "Up North" in Southey! Welcome!!   A new customer who will be "telling all his friends" about us!  THANK YOU!!  And our newest hobbyist who has been in twice already since discovering us last week, we are here to help you with all your future projects.  And thanks for all the great compliments! (and the tip!).  And to the lovely lady with another "I was in another bike shop the other day..."  Oh we LOVE those stories, And it's great that you found us, and thanks for the business!!  And to the gentleman from France (who happened to pick up on our blog over there) visiting our state, Have fun on the Fuji!  And to the HAPPY gentleman who FINALLY found the right bike (after several visits) enjoy the "Banger!"  And as always makes me BEAM with pride the "funky" custom GT Hybrid found its true owner today.  I do hope the young lady enjoys her new "different then all the other $600.00+ bikes" in those "other" bike shops they've been looking in since a month ago!  Enjoy!!
Yes I know, I shouldn't gloat, but hey...It's FUN!  And by gum quite the ego booster!
And as ALWAYS "Thank You to all the folks who entrusted their re-pairs with us today!
So with that i gotta go pick up dinner for mom and dad and get my keister home!

No comments:

Post a Comment