Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Can't Birds...Fly?

Funny thing happened on the way to the shop.

Well another "I don't want to get outta bed" morning!  Can't re-member when or how I fell asleep last night, or how I got in to bed.  Sure sign of exhaustion.  Don't know why I was so tired, not like I been busting butt lately, but we had "Friday night Family Movie Night" last night and the film selection?  "Veggie Tales; The Wizard of the Land of Ha's"  Don't make fun of me, that show (although preachy, but still good messages for kids, ESPECIALLY nowadays!) is hilarious!  And any show that quotes "Star Wars" is AOK in my book (While walking through the field of "puppies" (seriously...you think they'd go through an opium field?) the Scarecrow says "Stay on target...STAY ON TARGET!") after the film was over I ushered the kids to bed, and sat up with Izzy while she watched "HER" show "Little Monsters".  Last thing I re-member is rocking her in her chair.  So when Rozy woke me this morning "Daddy...Time to go to work!" I was like "What the hey?!"  But Momma bless her heart knows the sure way to get me out of bed.  So she bundled up and started brewing coffee.  It's like the cartoon where the protagonist pops open one bloodshot eye...and sniffs.  I'm UP! and without so much as letting it finish brewing I grabbed a cup and headed for the lanai!
While sitting and talking with momma I had one eye watching the pond, and the busy critters scurrying about (and swimming about) and noticed a rather large bird sitting on a tree limb looming over the waters edge facing away from the water.  Apparently the limb was not up to snuff and couldn't hold his weight, and snapped.  Then the comedy ensued.  In purely Willey Coyote fashion this bird started flailing his wings, grabbing at the failing limb until inevitably he went "SPLASH" into the water..on his BACK!  And I can't help but scream out "You're a bird...You can FLY!"  The poor thing was clearly embarrassed as he slowly skulked away only to pop out of the water further down and strut away as if to say "I MEANT to do that!"

OH good times, good times.
SO anyway, all hands on deck (minus Momma and Mikey) as we prepare to perpetually pound out pedal power!  The "scratch build" BMX is out as well as the Dahon, and Matt's doing the final tune on his Hybrid.  Gonna start a another three wheeler today and heaven knows what else! So Stay tuned!

Three Speed OLD SCHOOL Dahon Fold up
Only $110.00!!

"Scratch Build" Haro front end, GT Crank, Eastern pedals, Mongoose tires and wheels

"We The People" seat

ONLY $80.00!!



Homemade Hybrid!
ONLY $105.00!!


Comfy Custom Cruiser Can Caresse


No comments:

Post a Comment