Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Day After.

Sounds like the title of the latest Hollywood Disaster Blockbuster.  All in all X-mas was not to bad this year.  Kudos to my lovely wife for doing all the shopping.  Face it, I SUCK at it!That's not to say i can't pick out good gifts, but I am a very impatient person when it comes to shopping.  That's why we've gotten in the habit of buying food each day for meals.  If I spend more'n 10 minutes in the store I get ancy.  Go in get what I need and get out.  Back to work. Simple. 
I also have to give credit to my kids.  Not 1 "Is that all there is?" or "Why didn't I get more?" And trust me, given the economical state we are ALL in, it was a light gift giving year, this year.  But not I complaint!  Public or private!  I am truly proud of them, they we're very appreciative of what they got.  As am I.  My wonderful wife got me the 1 thing I really wanted this year (even though she loathes it) "Family Guy, It's a Trap!" DVD.  Hehehehehe!  The final installment of the Star Wars parody trilogy.  And I was thrilled with my mom and sisters gift, an "Exeter UFO Festival T-shirt and poster (it'll be framed in the shop for your viewing pleasure)  For those of you not in the know, my hometown of Exeter NH is home to one of the most SIGNIFICANT UFO sightings in history!  No kidding, happened about 3 miles from where I was born (some of you are saying to yourself "so THAT explains it!) Seriously, google it "The Exeter Incident" you'll  get about 6 million listings!  Apparently Now every year in September they shut down the streets and have a big festival dedicated to it.  Figures they be doing it long after I moved out.  Oh well,maybe some day I'll get back up there and see it!
OK, so on to business.  The wind is tearing through the parking lot here like a Banshees wail, so needless to say Angi and  had a lot of alone time to work.  Put out some real beauts though.  Zombie-boy finished up a real sweet Fuji MTB just before we broke for Christmas, Matt came in to day briefly to put the finishing touches on another "Banger" MTB, I re-furbed a SWEET looking Schwinn Sierra LE Hybrid, and am working on a nice "Urban Camouflage" (code for "the-paint-screwed-up-and-I-didn't-want-to-re sand-it-and-repaint-it-so-I-did-something-funky-with-the-paint") GT BMX, and a "Banger BMX that'll be done up tomorrow.
So, we will now brave the elements and pedal our little hinneys home.
I'm still wanting to see "It's a Wonderful Life"

Gorgeous Hybrid
ONLY $140.00

Fuji RE-Furb
ONLY $90.00!!

Nice Ridin' Daily Banger!
ONLY $60.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment