Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Post Birthday!

Made it through the last of the November Birthdays!  Was Fun as Momma turned 29 (again!)  Of course it was a "Twilight" themed birthday party! Had to look high and low for a "Twilight" cake, but it was worth it, it came out gorgeous.  Although I didn't realize they use green food dye to make black icing.  I found that out this morning after the coffee kicked in (I'll give you a moment to figure that one out) She got the board game and her and I, David and Audrey played until 1 am.  Not that I'm gloating, but I won.  Felt compelled to apologize for that!  As I would not consider myself a "Twihard" but I've see the movie ENOUGH times to be able to answer the trivia question (Hey, it's only fair, Lord knows my wife has sat through "Star Trek"enough times for me!
I'm sure you've heard many, many times from me how much we enjoy living and working in the same community.  The feeling of familiarity with our neighbors, you know the whole "Where every one knows your name..." Well there is a dark side to that as well.  One that was made all to apparent on my way to work this morning.  Yesterday, as I was running a little late getting out of here when Angela came into relieve me, the children were left in the care of our 15 year old longer then the usual 20-30 minutes.  Well I was flagged down by one of the crossing guards that stands diligent watch at the corner of Sunset and Highland this morning as he needed to inform me that my youngest boy (Owen...re-member the force of nature) was in his yard yesterday afternoon, with our 6 year old digging through his Christmas yard display opening the Faux Christmas packages!  Well, someone OBVIOUSLY wasn't doing his job!
OH...I could go on for hours at this point lamenting the lack of responsibility of youth today, and the fact that it was so different when I was growing up.  But in the end I  have to except the blame as I was not home when I was supposed to be! 
(not that that's gonna save their little butts!)
Yesterday was a brisk morning.  The other Trek (on consignment) sold, and the Schwinn Big Boy didn't last past 11 am.  Put out the other "Daily Banger" (pic below) and I fought with the Blackcomb for most of the day (Derailleur issues) hopefully I'll have it out this morning!  Have MANY more I need to get going on!
Well With that I must toddle off!
"Daily Banger" Special!
ONLY $65.00!!

"The Haunted Bike!"
Only $90.00!!

1 comment:

  1. You would think kids would act better when it gets close to xmas but it seems they never do. I found out the kind of bike I'm looking for is called a step-through(i think). I'll keep watching and as always love the blogs.

    ReplyDelete