Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

either I'm committed...or I should be.

It's 3.38 am...
Do you know where your bike mechanic is?
I swear, EVERY year that I won't do this to myself (or in extension my family).  I even went as far as to give a heads up a few weeks back that Christmas was coming and to get your "special builds" re-quests in before it gets to close.  And I told myself I wouldn't take any with a promise for the day before delivery.  But alas i am a SUCKER for heart felt pleas.  And doubly so when it;s a dad wanting a special gift for his little girl.    So one metallic purple single speed road bike coming up!  OY!  Gotta admit though it's turning out to be a sharp ride.  And it gave me some alone time to find a really cool Celtic station on line!  Next to Big Band Swing its my Favorite kind of music (no wonder I married an Irish woman (hubba, hubba!  Fiery Redhead!)  And a special heart felt, "Thank you for being understanding, baby" to my lovely wife.  She knows I'm a sap this time of year.  Well, I'm going to get a shower and a few hours sleep and be back at it again on the morrow.
May the road rise up to meet you.

2 comments:

  1. Your newest customer appreciates your insanity!
    Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for your patronage! But I'm not insane...and neither are these damn voices in my head!

    ReplyDelete