Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

of Fathers and Sons

Like a yo-yo on a string, Florida requires you to carry layers of clothing and on any given day this time of year you are required to be wearing a heavy sweater in the morning, Bermuda shorts in the afternoon and a Parka once the sun goes down!  No wonder we get busy around 1 pm.  Thank you's to all the wonderful folks visiting yesterday!  To the Man who's wife KNOWS what he wants, have a grand time with the Trek Navigator.  Should save you on back pain!  And it was great we could outfit the young man with the DXR that fit him so perfectly.  Special Kudos to my lovely wife Angela, whom when she heard the other Drones and I whining about having NO more 26" tires to do projects with hit Craigslist and found someone selling a BEVY of said same.  And to Terry who dropped what he was doing and hauled my butt to Holiday to pick them up!  Now we have NO shortage of 26, 27 and 700's Over 80 in all! As well as obtaining a sweet little 20" chromoly Dyno old School BMX I'll be building today and a 700 rear wheel to put the finishing touches on a SWEET GT Hybrid!  Thank you so much, my Love!  And no sooner then  uttering the words "we need more bangers" we obtained in trade a nice ladies Mongoose needing  some TLC, but will make a nice ride for someone special!
Last night was the evening for my belated (by one day) Birthday present for Elijah as he turned 15.  Stepping outside the box I extended an unusual gesture and took him to the movies (yea in a theatre...with popcorn (oh don't get me started...$8.00?!?!! for a bag!)) and we went and saw "Tron; The Legacy" (NOT in 3-D).  My opinion of the Movie?  My opinion is you should save your $8.00+!  For the shear eye-candy benefits wait for it to come to Redbox and pay a buck to rent it.  I saw Tron  (the real one) in a the movies (here in Florida as a matter of fact while visiting my Grandmother).  That one was worth it.  To quote George Lucas "Special effects without a story...aren't so special" Aside from that and Only 1! good line "you're really messing with my Zen thing, man!" ...well at least the Previews of coming attractions was cool (see below!) and to my sons credit, he wasn't embarrassed to be seen with his Old man.  Even when I got "Into" the previews.  (OH yes, you are talking to an original "Rocky Horror Picture Show" INVOLVED audience member.  I used to have the Interaction script!  And always came equipped with rice, toast and toilet paper) So needless to say I EXPRESS my excitement or dismay!
All in all, being able to hang out with just him, for a time was nice.  I don't get enough of an opportunity to do that.
Well, As I have much to do, I leave you with the following film peaks of last night MUST SEE revelations.

First One: Directed by Jon Favreu (Iron man) produced by Ron Howard and Steven Spielberg Starring Daniel Craig (the BEST James Bond) and Harrison Ford (Oh you know him!)

OH I Can't push this one enough!


This one is pure promotional and Merchandising BRILLIANCE!
Hugh Jackman meets Rocky meet Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots!
Nostalgia at its FINEST!




And this One?  How did I miss hearing about this one?  Oh when I heard the name "Kato"  I let a big "WHOOP, WHOOP!


And for the kids, something cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment