Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Vacation Day 6 (I think someone spread a rumor that Marlin Perkins moved into my house!)

SO!  For the last couple a weeks we've had an uninvited (but not entirely, unwelcome) guest in our house.  Or more specifically on our Lanai.  Explain?  Well, our cats (all 6) are outdoor cats (baby=potential allergic reaction.  PLUS I hate the smell of a cat box!) Needless to say the are fed outdoors.  Well about a month ago we switched to dry food.  Serving 8 cans of moist food twice a day is not only expensive, but hazardous as they are quite ravenous and can mistake fingers for sausages!  Well once that was done we leave a hug plate of food twice a day so thy can eat when it's convenient for them.  Well as an unexpected side effect several of gods creature residing in our neighborhood apparently had a conference and circculated memos, because now, you HAVE to pay attention when you come out to have coffee or play pool as you have NO idea what may await you (pic below) and this merry little guy has NO qualms about saddling up to the snack bar, regardless of who may be out there.  Well last night as I was sitting out after my shower having a cup a Joe and a smoke starring off at nothing in particular I hear a LOUD crunching behind me.  I lazily turn to say hi to which ever cat is gorging itself and realize about two feet from my feet sits a BIG Raccoon, sitting on its hiney with hand fulls of cat food just a munching away.  Now when I say BIG I mean the size of a small dog!  Without a care in the world.  When he notices me noticing him he stands up...and waves!  I can't do anything but laugh!  Apparently he felt no threat because he just sat back down, watching me and continued to munch away as I continue to giggle away.  Well once he had his fill he began to meander out the door.  As fate would have it Raptor, the largest of our cats (we nicknamed him puppykitty) was coming in.  It was hilarious!  They past each other and just at the last second they both dd a double take and Raptor was like "WHAT THE HEY!"  and hissed, back up and all.  Well even though the Raccoon outweighed him 2 to 1 I guess he got the point and took off!
OK!  Onto the meat of the matter!  Today was a BLAST!  It was Momma and me flying solo today, and BOY HOWDY!  You folks were AWESOME!  Love seeing all the familiar faces and a lot of new ones!  And don't worry Louis it was an honest oversight, simple mistake.  Anyone could a" missed it.  I won't hold it against you, just listen to your wife next time.  She's wicked smart!
And to Daniel owner of the "Haunted Road Bike"  Hopefully the next bike you get here won't be possessed!
And to big man Johnny, I see a Blackcomb in your future!  And hopefully you'll love it so much you just won't BOTHER driving a car...at all!
And to the lovely young lady and her very supportive (and possessing  impeccable taste) I am sure you will love the '64 Raleigh you so wisely purchased!
And the wonderful parents who bought the "Daily Banger" for their son, Thank you for choosing us to get him up and running!
And to our opening time sale (HA HA!  ANOTHER CONVERT!) Bless you sir for backing away from the gas pump!
On the "WHATS NEW" front.  Got in a FRICKIN! gorgeous Haro Del Sol SPF6!  Today.  Did some modifications (took off the 42 tooth front sprocket and put on a 58 tooth!  MAN does that thing FLY!  Lightweight, only 6 speed but boy o boy that's all it needs!
Also got in a couple more candidates for nice "Daily Bangers" and a Schwinn High Plains that when done will be a BEAUT! 
Well tomorrow promises to be a busy day!  All "should be" in attendance and lord knows we need to hustle and get some of these "Ladies In Waiting" ready for sale!
So you all have a real goodly night!  Me, I'm gonna go home grab a shower make a fire and chill!
FRICKIN" FAST!
ONLY $115.00!!



You would not believe how ugly this thing looked when it came in!
Now she's the bell of the ball!
ONLY $110.00!!
TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment