Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Vacation Day 6 (Boy...is My Face RED!!)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! To all the folks that made today such a RESOUNDING SUCCESS!!
If I knew all I had to do was speak up and in the words of one lovely young lady "Motivate you to get off the couch" I would have done it a long time ago!
Where do I begin?  OH YEA! first and foremost, a couple of you wonderful folks were kind enough to point out that in all my blogging (and incessant rambling) I fail to mention our store hours.  Allow me to remedy that and if I can figure out how I'll permanently post it to the right.  Monday-Saturday 10am-8pm Sunday 10am-6pm are our posted hours, however, if your a gambler most days Zombie-Boy comes in around 8am and most nights I work until 11pm or midnight.  So there's a good chance if you need us we'll be there!
OK on to the Fun, and relevant to the tittle, I would like to thank you all so very much for all the kind wonderful words many of you gave today (and days past that I failed to mention) about us, what we do, and our blog!  Wow, if I was prone to ego (stop laughing, Yes I'm a Leo but that doesn't mean ANYTHING MOM!) My head would not fit through the door!  I mean..."Hallowed ground"?  WOW!  Granted it was tongue and cheek, but I'm flattered they came all this way just to meet us and see our operation!  And the Awesome young lady who showed up at 9.15 am this morning (hence the hours thing) because she really wanted a bike and in perusing Craiglist had the misfortune of stumbling on to our listing and decided to check out the blog.  And READ IT!  Turns out that among other things  she blogs professionally, and keeps up web sites, check out her link t the right.  And she liked our stuff, so wanted to wheel and deal with us! COOL!  So she i now the lucky owner of the Jamis Cruiser that went out last night.  Thank you for all your kind words, I just can't say it enough!
Oh and my "They Are Such AWESOME folk" award goes to "the Bird People", and at the same time also qualifies for MY "Bone head Move Of The Day" award (to me) yes I know there are so many each day how do I choose?  Well "the Bird People" (So named for their operating a "Bird Sanctuary") Had come in today to trade in a 3-wheeler they bought from us last year an the Green 3-wheeler that went out last week.  Well They came, we talked and talked then I loaded it up in their truck, and unfortunately a small part fell off the rear end (yea, I know "good Omen!") but she found it, I put it back on (and re-inforced it) and then we talked a little more and they left.  I came back into the shop, went back to work and then about 15 minutes later a little light went off in my head, DING! Oops, I forget to collect the balance! DOH! Well I called, but got there answering machine, left an embarrassed message, and went back to work, well even before they got the message they realized what happened and came back to pay. SEE! THAT"S why I have faith that humanity will survive!  To HELL with what Fox News would have you believe, it ain't as bad as it seems!
Thanks, to you OH grand and glorious Bird People!
And a special "we Appreciate Your Trust", to a very Swell Gentleman whom came in today for a rear end lube (his three wheeler folks...keep up) and in seeing the work we did, and discovering how CHEAP it was decided to treat his wife (her 3-wheeler) to a full re-paint/restoration on her bike.  Yep!  This is the guy that makes all us other husbands look like Crapola!  But, it is someone worth aspiring to! (hint, hint)
And to the young couple who saw the Power Climber on line and wanted to check it out, but ended getting the Schwinn instead...good choice!  Not that there was anything wrong with the Power climber, but if they hadn't bought it the young lady from Tampa would not have been inspired to "get off the couch" and come in and get it for herself.  Her boyfriend, an avid Mountain Bike enthusiast wants her to ride with him.  Now she can.  And she did it smartly, buy something simple first, decide if she likes it then trade up.  No sense in doling alota scratch out if'n ya 'aint gonna' keep up wid' it! (Another semi-CONVERT!)  Saturday's good fer 'em!
And people patience never ceases to astound me.  A Nice young gentleman came in (potential CONVERT) to pick up a bike to start banging around with.  He looked at a couple and was quite methodical asking all the well thought out questions (side note;  I always get a real tickle when folks ask me what bike I think they should get.  They must be used to salesman directing them, my answer; "whichever one FEELS right, to you.  Oh don't get me wrong I love to visually create the perfect bike for the persons who ask (hence the custom orders) and will build it at the drop of a hat, but for something already in stock?  That's between you and the bike) choose the Mongoose XR-250. Turns out, though the front derailleur wouldn't shift right, and instead of fretting about it, let us know, just call me when its right, and paid for the bike in advance!  SEE, Trust!  Gotta love it!
Several more re-pairs came and went today, and a special Hey to "momma" who has slowly been bringing in all her kids bikes to have them fixed up (she wants them to get out of the house more) we love to help!
We were short staffed today, Matt and I flew solo, but it all went surprisingly smooth.  My lovely bride needed a day to re-connect with the kiddo's, Zombie-Boys in Daytona for the long weekend and Mike...hmmmm, not sure.  But that's cool, it's a weekend for family!
So gather yours up and come pay us a visit tomorrow!
"Till then!  Love Ya!

YEP!  Another one, this one needs a tad bit more rustication, but I got lazy.
ONLY $60.00

Daily Banger Special
Only $60.00!!

SOLD

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Dude - you've got a lot of children! Bless your heart, man. Good on ya.

    Yeah, um - I was snooping on your Facebook, not to be snooping, but hoping you had a page for your business. If you did, I could post your "bike of the day" on my profile, too. You know, spread the word.

    These are a couple of my favorite local places that I "share" on my page when they have interesting things going on:

    http://www.facebook.com/PetPalAnimalShelter

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pinellas-Park-FL/SECOND-IMAGE-THRIFT-STORE/127147850628671

    So if you make a page for your business, let me know and I'll start spreading the word.

    PS - we were trying to get over there this weekend, but it just didn't happen. I'll try again next weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound cool. Look forward to seeing you! As far as Facebook, I find I hardly have the time to keep this blog up,much less anything else! But who knows, if I can get my wife off the Twilight sites maybe she can do it.

    ReplyDelete