Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday...Allready?

As one day bleeds into the next...
That would make for a cool soap opera title, don't ya think?  Or maybe the name of a reality TV show.  Sunday was slow as Sundays usually are, but that's cool as it afforded time to...oh who I am  kidding, we basically goofed off, ordered pizza, worked a little on bikes, did some re-pairs and BS'd most of the day.
But I think we're entitled to d that from time to time, as mostly we hum around here. 
I would like to thank all the fine folks who came out to see us this weekend though it was fun.  And to all the cool, hip folks who stated their enjoyment of our little bloggings  I have to say...Wow!  You're that starved for entertainment?  JUST KIDDING!  I  really do appreciate the kind words!
On the Movie re-view front, watched a couple this weekend, if you haven't seen 'em might want to check 'em out! First is "Jonah Hex"  Pros and con's: Pro;  Western meets supernatural, John Malcovich/ Con's Megan Fox.  Sorry, if you like her, but she has her places, ad I liked her in "Transformers 1" (she kicked butt) but in this movie playing a role that should have gone to an older, somewhat more seasoned actress, she just didn't work for me!  And to the critics panning this movie as pedantic,you relay need to remember that this character in comic book form has been around for almost 40 years, so what NOW my appear cliche', it's a retelling in different form of an old story,one they did first, before all of what this last generation knew.
And "legion"  After watching it I ca see why alot of people panned it.  (spoiler alert) its decimation of the beliefs most religious people hold...and the fact that in the end it was God who needed to regain his faith...Lots a people must have come off offended.  but I enjoyed it! Loved the cast, Most of all Paul Bettany (a Knights Tale) as Michael, and Lucas Black (American Gothic, Sling blade) as Jeep, And this was the first movie, I think that got an angels wings right!
OK , enough blithering!
As far as work goes, Just finished up another custom cruiser pics below.  Matt's working on a "Special" and also a nice GT MTB.  Mikes still puttzin with the road bike and Zombie boy, in the middle of moving, hasn't been in yet. We'll see what he comes up with!
So with that I bid you all a good morning!
In homage to the classic Sci-Fi Movie I give you...The "Tron-cycle"
Notice the subtle blue undertones
ONLY $120.00!


7 comments:

  1. I saw your ad in Craig's list - I think you do great work! I love your blog!

    My husband and I have some old bikes in the shed we haven't touched in about 10 years. I hated that bike because I haven't been on one since I was a kid, and all I had was a plain bike - no gears or hand brakes. I feel clumsy on these new bikes, so it didn't get used, and it got put in the shed.

    Meantime - my doctor is telling me that I need to get exercise, and he recommended biking because I have a bad knee and biking is easier on it than walking or (God forbid!) jogging.

    So - I'm in the market for another bike. I'm hoping for something reasonably priced, and easy for a beginner who hasn't been on one in about 40 years. I'm short, so I've been looking at the ones that are 24".

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, thanks for all the kind words! I do so LOVE the fact that you are getting back on a bike! Thats GREAT! And yes we'd be more then happy to get you set up on something that'll give you excersise, but not overwhelm you. For you I'm thinkig 24"or 26" frame Womans with a low step over and wide tires (better balance and control) Single speed with coaster brakes. Good begginer workout. Don't want you to over do it. Now for strictly nostalgic sense (and my Momma always told me "Never ask a woman her age!") What decade can you re-member being "comfortable" on a bike? This will give me a direction to go in, as we have MANY vintage bikes (but not vintage bike priced) to choose from. Let me know, as we are eager to see you back on a bike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just turned 50, but I don't want a "Gramma Bike". You know - I don't want to LOOK as old as my driver's license says I am! I like the *style* of these newfangled bikes kids these days ride, I just have no idea how to ride them, and I'm afraid I'll fall and bust my head!

    The last bike I had had a banana seat and gigantic "V" handle bars. Cards on the wheels, tassles on the handles - that thing was Sah-WEET!

    These were the songs playing on the AM radio I had in the basket:
    http://www.bradboard.com/70s.htm

    If I had nothing but money, I'd get something custom like these:
    http://bit.ly/9Riugr
    http://bit.ly/a9X2N2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its funny you mentioned "cards on the wheel" I renmember putting baseball cards with clothesline pins onmine. My mechanics and I are going to try and bring the practice back on our show bikes. As the cooler weather is here we are going to start riding them around again, look for them on the trail between Sunset and downtown clearwater and dunedin.
    As far as your bike choice coming up with a vintage "canteliever style" frame bannana seat and "ape hangers" is no where near as expensive as you may think (at least not here!) I have a frame in back right now that would be perfect for it, though I'd have to order the seat. Pick a color and we can build it up for under $110.00. Or hit the computer and send me a picture of a newer style bike you like and I'll see what we can create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No - I don't think I want to recreate the bike from my Glory Days of Middle School - LOL! I'm a "youthful" 50, but not "50 going on 15".

    I like the look of these new Mountain Bikes they have now, and I like that the frames (they say) are lightweight, because I'm not the strongest person ever.

    I like this one:
    http://tinyurl.com/24uoevk

    It's simple, it doesn't look like it has a thousand gears, I think I could ride this.

    I'm a *huge* fan of Lowrider-type customizing. If you happened to have a bike laying around with a sweet metallic flake finish and some pin striping (http://tinyurl.com/2d6o727) I would be probably your most happiest customer ever!

    What hours will you be open around Thanksgiving? My husband and I have off from the 25th through the 28th. I'd love to come by and see what you have.

    If you want to move this conversation to email, I'm at nonie3234@gmail.com.

    Thank you so much! I really appreciate the time you are taking to help me with this. This is a great reason NOT to go to Target or Walmart, where I could get the wrong bike again, get frustrated again, and have it end up in the shed with the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna look up your suggestions then get back to you via e-mail! We are closed on Thanksgiving but will be open bright and early the day after and resume normal hours (10am-8pm) Love to meet you then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool - we'll meet up sometime after Turkey Day! Well, as soon as we can roll ourselves off the couch, anyway - Haha!

    ReplyDelete