Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Miss School-House Rock!

That being said.
After awaking at 2.00 am this morning (yes after five months Izy still has 2 o'clock feedings) I didn't make it back to bed and passed out on the couch.  So I was right near the front door when Zombie-Boy woke me at 7 am coming by for the keys!  Yes...he likes to start working early!  SO...wide awake I figured what the hell, made a pot of coffee, and went out on the lanai to enjoy the silence.  No sooner had I sat down and was staring off into the distance when I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye.  Lazily I turned and noticed, about a foot from my face, a spider about the size of my thumb.  Now mind you I suffered from arachnophobia for the longest time, but after living in the south for over a decade I've had to get over it!  Any way, I'm sitting here looking at this thing and it lazily drifts down to the table and (I'm not kidding) sits down beside me.  Looking at my coffee (at least I think it was looking at my coffee) and the only thing I can think to say is "It's not curds and whey...it's coffee!"  and with that it gets up and walks away!
Weird.
Anyway, Last night movie night was a real hoot!  Mind you, my lovely wife who, on most Fridays, picks out the film choice, usually comes out with a winner, but occasionally (as we watch ALOT of movies) the pickings are slim.  Well, she brought home a Sci-fi flick last night (rated PG so the kids could watch) called "Star Quest"  That was a complete DOG!  Seemed liked someones freshman year film project.  I mean, I didn't think they made B rated movies anymore, but GOD!  The sets were like wrestling mats on the wall, and the plastic trays they deliver bread on, spray painted and mounted on the wall.  There engine core (HA HA) was a bunch of Cheese graters (I'm not kidding!) and an old Espresso machine!  But it was hilarious, My two older boys (aficionado of Mystery Science Theatre 3000) and I started are own impromptu adaptation of that classic rag fest!  It was HYSTERICAL!  Even Momma (unoffended) stepped up and joined in, as did the little ones (SANCTUARY!)  Rent and watch the film to understand that inside joke!  Turned out to be the most fun movie night in some times!
Well, today started out fun, everyone is in attendance and we're ready to serve YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment