Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The NEW Green Lantern? Was I Sleeping?!?!

Last night was a real hoot!  Got home from work around 5.30 (got outta here a little late) to find that...the house was relatively clean!  That's right I think they're starting to get the point!  I was impressed and after starting dinner (after having to kick start the stove again) I sat down with the brood at the dinner table and we hung out, talked, and played cards!  Now here's the surprising part, I was actually able to get through two games of Go Fish with Rozy and Owen with only a brief moment of fighting!  Believe me , THAT'S AMAZING!  Logan sat it out building with his Lego's and Elijah and Kaleb hung out telling jokes.  After we ate (and I had to sequester the more repulsive discussions my older boys try to gross me out with) the little ones got ready for bed as mamma came home and helped get 'em ready,  then Elijah and I squared off at a game of war.  It's funny but sometimes that boy EXUDES my sarcastic smart-ass sense of humor SO WELL that he has me in stitches, and with just one comment had me ROLLING with laughter for a good 5 minutes (as I'm still chuckling now) it's one of those "you had to be there" kinda jokes, but believe me it was infectious!
It's these moments (not trying to hard to NOT be philosophical here) I live my life by 2 precepts #1, the Buddhist adage "life is like being in a river, you can swim to the left, you can swim to the right, you can get up on the banks and watch the water go by, or you can tread water in the middle and let it carry you where it will, but you can't turn around and swim against the current" and # 2 an old Thai quote; "life is one long string of misery, accentuated with brief  moments of happiness"  Keep these things in mind as you proceed through your days, and nothing seems that bad, and you really enjoy the good!
It was with that in mind that I just let the current take me, and LORD it was fun!
Well as far as today goes...Started a new Raleigh road bike full re-paint and re-build, should be a BEAUT! when shes done, hopefully I'll have this three wheeler done as I have another I acquired yesterday to get started on, have a special needs child, who's mom wants to get him one!
Thanks to all the comments on the blog and the gaining of a few new followers!
Now on to the title of this piece (and to answer the "what the hey...? questions)  As a HUGE Fan boy, I begin salivating at the mere hint of a new "comic book" inspired movie, and this is one I've been waiting A LONG time for, "Green Lantern!"  As I was perusing Face book this morning I noticed my buddy Paco had posted the movies trailer.  Last I  heard they were only discussing casting, and here I'm watching this GORGEOUS, Faithful interpretation of Hal Jordan (well maybe a little) starring Ryan Reynolds (I love this guy!) It's due out in 2011, so keep an eye peeled for this one! And check out the promo on You Tube!
Way!

No comments:

Post a Comment