Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Smurfs...?

Whilst running through my e-mail this morning I came upon some goodies my wife e-mailed me.  She knows my likes and sends me little snippets she finds on line.  After my entry the other day she looked for Green Lantern paraphernalia, and sent me some stuff (thanks sweety!) well along with it are links to various movie related sights so before I began toiling away on bikes this morning I decided to take a peak.  Well let me tell you, I have long been a closet Smurf fan.  OK not so much a "closet" fan as I have a very LARGE collection of the original figurines tucked away somewhere in my house (they used to be prominently displayed, but had to be moved to more secure digs, once Owen learned to walk...and climb).  So while going through the various "comic book" related films due out (notable other "Gotta see" "Captain America" Gosh I hope they get it RIGHT this time, "the Red Skull....Italian!?!!) Out of the corner of my eye on the screen was a picture of ...a Smurf.  Yep.  Hollywood has OFFICIALLY run out of ideas.  Due out in 2011 is a live action (although the Smurfs look like claymation) Smurf movie.  BUT, some notable names associated with it, Paul Rubens, and Johnathan Winters?  Oh it just has to be a hoot!  Also saw promo pics of the New Thor movie, and for those of you who sat through the credits at the end of "Iron Man 2" caught the final clip, new it was coming.  And I'll tell you they could not have picked a better actor to portray Odin, Anthony Hopkins!  But check out the pic of Thor and tell me that that actor DOESN''T look like Will Farrell!
OK enough blithering.  Finished up a sweet Road Bike yesterday.  This one was the true Diamond in the rough.  It came in on the back of a scrap truck (as so many do) and I was about ready to just scrap it for parts when I noticed the head badge.  Now I'll be the first to admit that I don't know nearly enough about bikes and I learn more and more each day, but I had never heard of a bike by this manufacturer "Puch", so I though to ere on the side of caution and hit "Bikepedia" for a little more insight.  Lo and Behold, Puch is an Austrian company that has been (among other things) making bikes since 1889.  Wow, no box store brand here.  Well I then decided to give it a closer once over, and beneath the rust and wretched paint job (Krylon take me away!) was Diacomp brakes, Sun tour shifters and derailleurs, and a frame that was quite light!  Yep you guessed it!  Full make over.  SO several coats of fresh paint, new cables, wheels, tubes, tires, handle bar tape, brake shoes later and out comes this black beauty!  And boy does she fly!
(sorry brief pause as the guys and I broke out in an impromptu rendition of the "French castle scene" from Monty Pythons "Holy Grail")
I'm back.
But I digress.
Worked mainly on re-pairs yesterday, but will be back to putting out more stock for the floor.  Which brings me to this which I keep forgetting to mention, which I will mention now, as I don't want to forget again, because then I may not remember to mention it until later, then I may forget again...
What was I talking about?  OH yea!
Christmas is coming.  Like the damsel in distress, trussed up to the railroad tracks waiting on some well hung Duddley Dooright to save her, there's no escaping it!  And if somewhere on your Little ones over abundant Santa list there is a listing for a bike...well now is the time to put n your orders.  Usually about two weeks before the big day we get a slue of requests for custom made bikes for the kiddies, but they take time to do.  And Unfortunately, the last couple of years some children had to get rain checks!  We don't want that to happen.  So if they are looking to see a nice personalized bicycle creation under the tree...get in your orders now, please!
With that in mind I bid you a good day, and hope we hear from ya!

Is it Clairese?  or Sersei?

Sky Rocketsin flight...An Afternoon Delight...
Tell me thats not Will Farrell?


From Rags to Riches!
Black Beauty Only $155.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment