Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mike Rowe Is M!y Hero

to quote my wife "We're changing schedules AGAIN!?" What can I say, I don't care to much for routine.  I like to shake things up from time to time.  I've been doing the morning shift at the house and don't get me wrong I like to be able to make sure the house is cleaned up, and spend time playin' with Izzy, but I don't get to see much of the other kids on that route.  Most time I work afternoons I ended up pushing it to late at night.  Got to the point the other day when i just happened to be up when the kids were going off to school I looked at them and it was like "wow...They're changing!"  Call me a sentimental sap, but I'm missing it.  So for a little while (at least until I get tired of yellin' "Pick up your #%$@ MESS!" ) I'll be hanging with them in the afternoons.
And as proof that I really LOVE my kids, Logan (the quietly intense one) had purchased with birthday money a copy of a "Kirby" DVD.  Now for those of you not in the know Kirby is a round pink cutesy "Star Warrior" that derives his special power endowments by "eating" that which he chooses to embody.
Nope...not kidding.  And of course its Japanamation, so there's LOTS of flashing colorful lights etc. (enough to send you into an epileptic shock!) and really High pitched squeaky voices, and overly cutesy caricature (makes the Smurfs look like moody Trolls).  Well said DVD with extras included (god deliver me a Kirby...music video...OY!) was about three hours long.  And to add insult to injury Logan was STEADFAST in his desire that I watch ALL the movie, that (as I was cooking dinner at the same time) he insisted that before I got up to stir, he press pause.  So no escaping for me!  But that's OK (as much as I whine about it) the fact that they want to share this with me, so adamantly it's really endearing!
AND, unbeknowst to my wife who did it merely out of the kindness of her own heart, she bought me a reward on her way home from the shop!  Seem the Dollar Store got in a new shipment of "Discovery Channel" DVDS and she picked m up 2 seasons of "Dirty Jobs"! SWEET!  I don't watch TV as I'm to cheap to pay for cable, but for a while we did have it and this (and "How's It Made") were the only shows I watched!  I love Mike Rowe!  The mans a subtle wise cracking smart-ass.  How can you NOT like a guy like that?  So needless to say my wonderful wife (who can't stand to watch some of the more gross aspects of the show(But I never gt tired of seeing animal poop gags)) Sat up watching it with me (at times through movie glasses)  Amazing She loves Horror/slasher films but she can't handle watching someone clean up pig-$#!+.  Funny
So anyway (oh that air hammer is loud!) we are working away on putting out some more goodies!  Angela made a nice purchase of another Next Avalon Big Boy Comfort Cruiser yesterday, so hopefully that'll be ready to go in a couple of hours, Matt just finished the GT MTB (pic below). Zombie -Boy....I'm not really sure he has ALOT of painted parts hanging in his bay, and Mike just got in  hopefully he'll have that road bike done today!  Me, I hope to have a couple more out before I head out this afternoon.  So today should be full of joy and laughter, with a smidgen of productivity!
Sweet ride with low profile
ONLY $85.00

Tell me I'm not a wonderful father after sitting through three hours of this guy?
BIG KISS!

No comments:

Post a Comment