Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Come to Warm, Sunny Florida?

What the...?!?!
So, I'm up this mornin' 'bout 5.30 in the a of m (yea, believe me I join in your collective groans) feed Izy, shes a little feisty for that early and doesn't go back to sleep right away so I pump in caffeine to stay awake, then she zonks and I'm left wide eyed.  Soooo..... Coffee in hand I step out on the lanai to have a smoke.  Now mind you I went to bed last night well aware the temp had dropped a WEE bit yesterday, so I had put on my trusty (yet well worn) flannel.   Have you ever seen the cartoons where the changing of seasons is depicted between a background of fall, and in the very next cell appears a 14 foot tall wall of snow?  Well that's what happened this morning.  No not the snow, but a sudden and sharp dip in temp somewhere between the first and third sip of coffee!!! 
Even as a displaced Yankee I have my limits!
Last nights movie feature went well (as to be expected with six children vieing for space around a small screen, all while fighting over the bowl of snacks) Toy Story 3 (spoiler alert) is a real bittersweet tear jerker, no wonder it did so well in the theaters.  And the kids actually stayed awake through the whole thing this time (good thing to 'cause if my kids get any bigger I'm gonna throw out my back carrying them to bed!)
And just how bad was the wind last night, came to the shop this morning and fund a coating of BEACH sand all in front and on the windows?  We're like 3 miles from the water!  Woof!
Already bought three more goodies this morning!  Nice little mongoose BMX with a MTB style chrome rear swing arm (SWEET!) and another couple bangers!
A few brave souls have ventured out this morning, and looks like we may have a buyer for the Gary Ficher that went out last night (no surprise though, its a real sweety!)
By the By,,, Security tip number 7: When purchasing and owning a bike, always right down the serial number AND what make, model...and color the bike is!  In the unfortunate chance that the bike gets stolen it will help in reporting the theft!  I don't want to relay the whole story of  unpleasantness that  occurred here last night, but suffice to say that while I share in anyone sense of violation in the theft of their bike, getting aggravated with me because I can't help you locate your stolen bike, when you can't remember what it looks like, or even what it was does not imply guilt on my part. We're all about helping and have recovered 31 stolen bikes so far (yes even though most of the would be gangsters around here KNOW we report our purchases to the police, some still try).
Anywho..the shop is alive with the sounds of machinery ( I almost sounded JUST like Julie Andrews there for a second) I just love show tunes! (what? why you snickerin') and it beckons me.  I think I 've spent enough time dallying on the 'puter for the morn...although check out some of the neat stuff I found below



 "Sadly, Phills concept of "Speed Sight Seeing" was a complete failure."
 

Billy Joe Jim Bob, finally giving in to Ellie Mays request to "Clean out the damn garage" found a use for that old fence and old Motor-cicle!


for the commuter suffering from irritable bowel syndrome
Also in responce to a request in our comments section, here's the Crupi..




No comments:

Post a Comment