Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Well, a partially gray, cold and misty Tuesday could only mean ONE thing! Had a LOT of spare time to work on projects!
yay.
Finally got up the gumption to finish up the two wheel recumbent! As to be expected it WAS a LOT of work!  But the effort was DEFINATELY worth it!  Sad, really, that someone could let a machine like this one go to pot so bad!  I mean, once it was tore, cleaned, and I'm talking a serious clean!  I thought there was dried muck in the gears of the rear derailleur.  I sprayed it to brake it up, but it was SOLID, so I started picking at it, and only then realized it was remnants of the CHAIN stuck in the cogs!  So rusted, it didn't even LOOK like a chain anymore!  SHEESH!  Needless to say, I had to replace that derailleur!   And, as it turns out, several more parts just needed to be scrapped.  But once all was said and done, and put back together, she ran like a champ!  Gearing as smooth as silk, and brakes SPOT ON!!  A real gem!  Also, put out the 3 speed Men's "Big Boy" cruiser Uncle Chippie brought in!  This one is REALLY sharp!  Needed some clean up and replaced the front wheel (spokes were beyond help!) But in the end got a really nice, low cost, three speed!  And I'll tell you a Men's three speed is about as rare as Morality in politics!   Also tore down the ladies three speed, and will be doing the reassemble today.
Beyond that....not really sure!  No more projects in the wings, nor repairs.  Perhaps some of YOU folk out there have something for me to do?  HINT, HINT! 
Anywho!  Gonna git onto workin'!  See y'all soon!


image 1
SUN CYCLE 21 SPEED RECUMBENT!
ONLY $450.00!!
image 1
MEN'S 3 SPEED "BIG BOY"!
ONLY $95.00!!!

1 comment:

  1. Steven-

    I will be amazed if that Big Boy 3 speed is still there the next time I stop by. I took it for a short ride the other day, and it was very smooth.

    ReplyDelete