Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

what wiked thing, this way comes?

Ever have the nagging feeling that a really BIG boot was hanging over your head?
Yea.
Not sure where the feeling is coming from, and I have been mulling it over in my mind.  Some may say that what energy enters your life is directly in relation to what emotions and energy you emulate.  Now I try and be a positive person, but as is the case with many people, I assume when times are good you almost don't allow yourself to become complacent and enjoy.  However, hanging over the horizon lay unresolved issues, IE. the current state of my boys issues.  Got the letter from the Sheriffs dept regarding Kaleb's fiasco, and as is always the case he got a LIGHT slap on the wrist.  Some may say "well that's good then, right?"  Not necessarily.  Some screw up, and learn to never do that kind of behavior again.  My older boy, did his bit of stupidity and learned quick.  Now the only problem we have with him is his inability to wake up on time to make his bus at 6.30 in the morning (which I have to say, I really don't understand WHY they make high school kids be the first of the schools to go in SO early!  I mean any parent knows the older your child gets the less energy and the less likely they are to get up in the morning!) But this boy...?  Middle child syndrome, Gangsta influences early in life...OY!  It'll be an uphill battle to be sure.
Maybe that's all it is, I hope.  The fear of ONCE AGAIN being dragged through the gaping maw of the intrusive state machine, hungrily scavenging for every little scrap of familial trouble to exploit into capital gain!  (do I sound a tad bit...jaded?) 
I know, "WOW, little to deep for morning coffee, dude" 
Just can't shake that....feeling.
We've been through the ringer before, the bigger the family, the higher their profile on the radar.  And the less financially sound you are the easier the target.  Sad, but true...trust me.
OK, I'll stop beating the horse.
SO, we are hard at work, banging away on specials and believe it or not, we have completed all the projects in house for store stock and will be hitting the garage in a few minutes for more goodies!  Hopefully we have some ladies bikes there as we only have two right now!

4 comments:

  1. I had always heard that high school kids go to school early because they are more likely to have jobs in the afternoon or early evening.

    Plus, they're fun to mess with when they're really sleepy. Like, first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, That may be well and true, but 2 things #1) Kids today are WAY to lazy, and hung up on "gimme, gimme, gimme" to even CONTEMPLATE getting a job and actually paying for their own way, and 2, my Highschooler is 3 inches taller and 10 lbs heavier then me, so "messing" with him usually results in huge property and collaterall damage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steve- I can't get ahold of you on your number 727 813 9742 I wanted to know if my blue cruiser has its wheels yet.

    Please call me.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY TONY, yes read the blog just entered and you'll know wahy you can't reach me. As far as the tires, it's a yes, no answer. We did get in the tires yesterday, but they are to wide for the frame! MY BAD! I ordered 2.125, but you need 1.5 or they won't clear the fenders. They have been ordered and I am hoping to have them by Monday (unless he has some in stock, he's checking) But other then that the bike is together and waiting!

    ReplyDelete