Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Testosterone!!

Oh my senses are assailed by the heady scent of Man Smell!!
It has been a Testroidfest here today!  Momma, left to sit and wait at the house for another of those "we'll be there between 10 and 2 pm, but not show up until 6 and then forget part of the order back at the store" kind of deliveries, leaving the store in the hands of a slathering pack of man-whelps, US! (heh heh) It got a little racy back there in the Dungeon, especially with Puddles in play! OH he's such a cute little puppy!  Fun messing with his head, although some of us old fogies cultural references go over his head, I mean LORD he didn't even know who Eric Clapton was!!!  I am so old!  I mean half these buggers remember Shrek from their CHILDHOOD!
hey but all in good fun, makes the day go by faster!
On the Eastern front (and listen here for more updates) looks like the whole "home schooling thing" will be growing to encompass our highschooler as well.  He has a REAL problem with getting up at 5.30 to make the bus, and as he ALREADY has a truancy case coming up (oh yea the fun never stops) we will be placing him under house arrest as well!
A Special "Shout Out" to my new "fan boy" friend
 Jimmy, who via e-mail (amongst several others) responded to my fake "star freighter" add (see March 9 "this is a test... blog) and I have to give him the famous "RE-Cycle No-Prize" for not only recognizing the gist of the add but responding with a direct relevant "Family Guy" re-spone!!!  And I thought I was the only Super Geek around!  Kudos to you good sir!
ALL RIGHT, on to the meat and potatoes!  Today was another phantasmagorical day!  WOW!!
The Gt MTB, and Old school Columbia went out as a set to a wonderful young couple, who in their words "were going to work off their excess butt's"
And Another of those "OH, I really shouldn't spend the dough, but I HAVE to have that bike" sales goes to the 6'6" gentleman who had the misfortune of noticing us while going to Subway to get his lunch and poke his head in to see the Panasonic DX-2000, And it was love at first sight.  But I can't blame him, His size and he was riding a ladies beach cruiser!?  He NEEDED to upgrade and save his knees!
And another of those sorry tales of "well, I'll come back in a couple of days and pick it up"s!  I'm sorry, I shouldn't get the sadistic chuckles i get when folks say that (but I do...BAD llama) But in this case, in reference to the Specialized HRXC.  GORGEOUS bike, Like new and I'm ONLY asking $180.00 for it!  I mean, is it pricey?  Yes, the most expensive bike I had in here, but the thing sold for almost $800.00 3 years ago and hardly looked like it had been ridden.  SO, a gentleman came in and checked it and a couple others out, and did the puckered lemon face bit when he heard the price.  Now I'll deal with the best of 'em.  I LOVE to dicker!  But, don't insult us or the product.  Clearly he wanted it but thought that if he degraded it I'd feel obligated to come down to his LOW price counter offer. UN UNI!  I didn't just fall off the turnip truck!  I countered with a more reasonable offer but he said he'd be back in few days when it DIDN'T sell, with a smirk and left.
10 minutes later.
A very ASTUTE and WISE man came in and was checking out for a light weight and clean MTB, and when he found out the price to the Specialized his response was "Is THAT ALL?" and promptly purchased it!
SO forgive me if I gloat.
But, a great big thank you to all the folks trusting us with their re-pairs today, and a special "Hey" to the wonderful words of support given to us by a re-peater "thankful" we are still around!  WOW!  WE should thank you all that we are still here!  Trust us, they'll have to drag us away, kicking and screaming..
Now on to the new goodies.
Jose' toiled over a Classic Schwinn continental Road Bike, re-paint and full re-pair and MAN does it look SWEET!! (in his spare time, between coats, he finished up a vertical Banger as well!)  Zombie-Boy continued wok on the Tandem Special, and finished up a full re-furb on a SICK Trek 800 Antelope!  WOW!  Does it look Freshy fresh!
And I finally got the Iron Man out, and popped out a NIIIIICE Ladies 6 speed commuter, as well as put a men's Cruiser into paint (Metallic blue goodness!), and begin the strip down on cute little old school folding bike!  So check out 'dem beauts, and I gotta head and get dinner as it's "Friday Night Family Movie Night!"
SWEET SCHWINN CONTINENTAL
ONLY $120.00!!!
LADIES MTB "DAILY BANGER SPECIAL"
ONLY $70.00!!!
GORGEOUS 6-SPEED COMMUTER!
ONLY $85.00!!!
FULL RE-FURB TREK 800 ANTELOPE!!
ONLY $145.00!!



No comments:

Post a Comment