Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Was that a DUCK?

Ahh, the rainy season.
When a young mans fancy turns to thoughts of...rubber rafts.
I know, considering the condition of some regions of our globe, I have NO right to gripe about the cascading flood that flowed through our parking lot (and in conjunction down Sunset Point Road) yesterday.  But in my own little self serving, egotistical way...it was inconvenient.  Yes I know, how dare  I  compare that trifle with the calamity that my brother humans have been faced with?  it's BECAUSE I'm human, that i think thus.  To quote one of my favorite movies "It rains and the rain causes a major car accident and as you sit in traffic you say "Why does this always happen to ME?"*
But on the up side, it's fun to watch the wakes cause by the cars trying to get through the slosh! 
And I never should have thrown away that rubber raft that sat in the shop FOREVER!
Yesterday was an up down day, rain aside.  Sold the GT to a VERY wise gentleman who knew a good deal when he saw one.  Plus i took a little more off the top.  As always I LOVE TO DICKER!
On the downside,,,
One of our new regulars came in yesterday (no he's not the problem) We've been trying to help this gentleman solve his biking issues.  He's chosen bike riding for physical therapy to help him on the mend, but needed a Hybrid when we had none. He Had a budget and ended up at Wal-mart for his Hybrid.
Oops.
The FIRST one he bought started to fall apart the 2nd day out.  Warped wheels, bad crank and pedals, rear freewheel, you name it.  Then he brought it back after we gave him the laundry list of problems and to their credit they gave him another one which he then brought directly to us for an examination.
OOPS!
This one was worse then the first!  Among other things the bottom bracket housing was stripped!
Anyway during the inspection he had informed us that whilst checking our listings on the net he informed us that we had been given a bad review on google.  Concerned, we checked it out.  Turns out someone had stated that they had ordered parts through us (from our distributor) and had been waiting three weeks for the parts (shifters?) .  And that when they had not received them, contacted us and we didn't know what they were talking about?  Now I'll be the first to admit (and my wife will RESOUNDINGLY agree) that I don't have the best memory in the world, but I have NO recollection of any of this.  Neither making the order or getting an inquiring call back.  BUT, questioning my memory I went back through our receipt books.  The comment had been posted on March 1st so I went back 2 Months from that date and had NO record of ANY special orders?  So it begs the question, "What exactly is going on?"
Let's face it, we have become used to being besmirched from time to time, but that feeling of "Hey, were just trying to do our best to serve our community, and yes we DO screw up from time to time.  But WE WILL own those mistakes and make it right!"
So this is a general call out to "Bill" If we DID do you wrong and DO owe you PLEASE call us, bring in the receipt (If it's a special order there's ALWAYS a receipt) and we'll make it right!
All right, I'll get off of that and shake it off!
Well today looks a little clearer, and I Got me a "soon to be pretty" 3 wheeler on my rack, Zombie-Boy is "In DA Howse!" and working on another banger...From there?  I think we'll need to hit the garage!
So y'all have a great day and hope to see ya soon!

* "Hudson Hawk"

No comments:

Post a Comment