Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's Worth The Hug

OK, gonna get all sappy and sentimental on ya! (tissues will be provided at intermission)
First I must apologize for my abrupt blog last night but as stated, I had all but forgotten that I promised Logan I would look over his Pokemon list with him the night before.  In an attempt to inspire him to read more his teacher provided him with a print out listing all the Pokemon and a brief back story of how they came about (as if he didn't ALREADY know that, as ALL visitors can attest to as he rushes to grab his tote of Pokemon to regale the new guests with their wonders.  Hey , it's cute) bless her heart.  And he wanted to share it with me (I like Snorlax, he has the power of...sleeping!  My FAVORITE!) As crazy as things get, with work the shop the house...blah,blah,blah...the kids unfortunately get shafted sometimes (more by me then mom.  I'm the workaholic type)  SO, when they show a special interest in sharing something with me, no matter how inane it may seem to us cranky adults, I try and make a point of being there (even if (sorry Mommy) I have to let them stay up a little late.  See yesterday was a weird day.  Got busy right from the get go for an hour buying, then the place was like a ghost town.  but that's cool as we have so many new goodies to work on then about an hour before close we got SLAMMED (YAY!) with all sorts of wonderful folks!  Several re-pairs (thank you ALL for your trust!) and the Kaluna sold to a WONDERFUL couple from Saint Pete!  She knew what she was looking for and we are so glad she found it here!  Thanks for all the kind words, and glad we could help with the art project!  If you need more scrap metal let us know!
So in the end he stayed up late showing me all the wonders.  And trust me you'll know when they appreciate it.  At bed time you give the perfunctory hug and kisses and tuck ins and good nights.  but there are times, when they are truly thankful for you, that that hug is tighter, lasts longer and is DEFINITELY more heart warming then any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment