Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

?

Ever have one of those mornings where your brain refuses to function on anything "higher brain function" and resorts instead to the "lizard brain" or rudimentary survival instincts?
YEP.  It's one of THOSE mornings! 
Stayed up way to late last night.  Had Friends from the shop over hanging out, watching snippets from "who's line is it anyways?" and twiddling with mommas new Ipod.  Well not NEW, got it in trade towards a bike yesterday, I had intended to keep it for myself, so I could be COOL like everyone else in the house, but she liked it so I got her old one in exchange.  Which was Kinda fun as I got to watch her and Elijah moan and groan as I deleted all the music from it (heh heh) and replace it with mine!  And of course as I was downloading I just HAD to listen to some of it!  Should of seen their precious faces as I played the ENTIRE "In a Gadda Davida" tune...17+ minutes of raw jam, and Mom was rather disturbed with Blood Rocks, DOA!  Hey, at least I didn't subject them to Weird Al, or my Big band/swing selections! 
So as I was saying my skull now contains a slooshy gray matter, comically attempting to mimic the functions it was once world famous for.
OH, OK I'm sorry, I can't even back that up!
ANYWAYS.
Yesterday (was a blur) We saw the departure of the Trek 800, to an awesome couple from out of state, thanks SO MUCH for the words of support and encouragement!  WOW!  And yes sir we WILL be keeping an eye out for a bike for you as well!
The Ladies "Daily Banger Special" MTB went out almost as soon as the doors opend (as they usually do) to a wonderful young lady buying it for her husband, an when you are ready we'll find one for you as well, mam!
The Thruster Rampage went to a young man who was QUITE excited to find it on line, so much so that on the way here to pick it up, he called 3 times just to make sure we knew he was SERIOUS about getting it! 
Which does remind me to remind you all that which I often remind myself to remind you to remember (Oh Lord I've gone cross eyed) that we do make EVERY attempt to keep the "What's still here" list updated, but sometimes we get busy, and I don't get to it in time,  so it's ALWAYS best (especially if you have a distance to travel) to CALL first.  Case in point was the Trek 800.  Actually had a lady come into the store to buy the bike as the couple who bought it were walking out with it!  Then 15 minutes later another came in for the same bike!  We HATE to see folks go away empty handed and unhappy.
We'll take this time to say a big WELCOME ABOARD to our newest victim...er I mean inmate....no scratch that, EMPLOYEE (YEA, that's the ticket!) Adam!  Another much needed shop hand to help keep us clean and organized (OK, ya got me to help GET us clean and organized!)  And i am quite impressed, he came in on Sunday to help out Angi, and he cleaned the bathroom, and Low and Behold I had NO IDEA that the linoleum back there was WHITE!  I thought Smokey gray grease was a color choice!  As we speak he's finding all the parts for the bucket of head sets we have.  One at a time.  And No we don't have a nick name for him yet, but I'm leaning towards Hercules.  Not for the physical prowess but because he came to us via his friend and our "Shopping Plaza Buddy" who works at the Dollar store (and hangs at the house) Hannah, who bears a striking resemblance to a young Lucy Lawless (AKA, Zena, Warrior Princess)!
BUT, as with so many things, all shall be revealed in time.
Well, it's been a hoot but I think maybe, perhaps I should, sorta go to work...or something.  I leave you with Pics of our goodies from yesterday, and (FINALLY) Paco has sent me another finished strip (1 more and we solicit for syndication...please keep your fingers crossed) http://www.wartscomics.blogspot.com/ and I give you a snippet of what kept us giggling last night!
MENS PACIFIC MTB
ONLY $85.00

FULL RE-FURB/RE-PAINT
3 WHEELER
ONLY $165.00!!!

2 comments:

  1. Is that blue bike at the bottom of the blog site for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, wow. I mena that's pretty impressive. To think you went through the WHOLE blog to find that pic. I am truly flattered (NO sarcasm inserted here) I had all but forgotten about that pic! No it is not for sale. That was a bike a friend of ours built about a year ago out of a frame we sold him. Impressive work, hunh?

    ReplyDelete