Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

...Oh, don't get started!

Are the "nuclear clouds" wafting to the states or are they not?  That was the "heated" discussion between one of our regulars and Zombie-Boy.  And I had to listen to it.  Apparently they both had very differing opinions.  In the end, I had to squelch the debate with the simple re-tort "What does it matter either we live or we die" Very Zen, don't you think?  life's WAY to short to worry about how or when we'll die.
Simple theology,
Ride hard, ride well...
until you die....
then coast.
SO, today was a briskly moving day and took in MANY new goodies so we'll get started!  The Ape Hanger Cruiser went out to one of our regulars compatriot (or son, not sure) and in return he left us with a real cool consignment piece!  A Xootr Swift!  It's a sweet light weight aluminum folding 8-speed bike.  These things go for $750.00, but he's only asking $400.00!! 
Sold the Ladies MTB Special to a gentleman who had come in a couple of days ago, and was quite shocked when he saw the bike we had put out shortly before he came in was already gone (along with several more he had noticed at the time) so he QUICKLY purchased his second choice before it too was gone the way of the Dodo!  Very wise, good sir!
Sold the Trek 3700 Ladies that we had put out last night, first thing as there were several folks vieing over it.  It went tot he first to arrive for it!  Hey, folks know a GREAT deal when they see it!  I'm sure your girlfriend shall love you for it, oh benevolent sir!
The Trek RE-paint and re-furb left today and although he was slightly taken back by the bright Orange hand grips (hey, it was the LAST matching pair we had, sad to say) He was quite impressed!  Thank you for the compliments sir!
Thanks to all the folks for bringing in their re-pairs!  I never fail to get a tickle when they ask, hesitantly how long they will have to wait, and when you tell them a couple hours, they stagger back (HEHHEH) one guy even became pleasantly adamant that we didn't have to rush!  It really makes me wonder "what are folks USE to when they go into a bike shop?  I mean we can fully disassemble a bike clean it and rebuild it in just under 4 hours! (and that's NOT rushing!(I mean with coffee breaks and everything))  I guess maybe that's how the "Other" guys get away with charging so much, they make it look like it takes longer then it actually does.  OOPS!  did I give away a industry SECRET? (*snicker*)
All right I'll stop gloating.
On the buying front, Picked up a SWEET Old School Peugeot Road bike (I had to grab it and start breaking it down before the other Mechs snagged it), got in a Vintage (but rough) JC Penny touring 5 speed, in trade toward a rebuilt vintage Schwinn we did.  Nice older gentleman who needed the low step over and we fixed it up real sweet!  He called it his "Chic Magnet!"  I hope I am that feisty when I retire!  Picked up a couple more bangers, and the CHOICE picks of today's Swag...?  An Iron Horse Maverick 2.0!  (needs some work but MAN what a beauty!  V-Brake, high end Shimano, dual disc brakes, dual shock (NOT the cheesy kind, either)  Oh man she'll be SWEET when she's done.  AND my personal "Oh I'm all a QUIVER" finds (to rival that of "American Pickers") Not just 1 but TWO, his and hers VINTAGE '68 Raleigh Twenty's!!!!!!!  WOWZERS!!!  Check out the "before" pics below!  I've decided NOT to do a repaint, but instead a full mechanical refurb and parts clean but keep the original finish.  Yes it's somewhat worn but I thing that worn Khaki green gives them REAL character!
And that reminds me, while doing a little research on the bikes I stumbled on another blog that i think any casual fan of bikes will get a real kick out of.  I left the link on my blog site to the right, just click on "lovely Bicycle" and read another Northerners fascination with the bicycling experience.
Well It' after 8 and it's movie night and Angela picked up a copy of "Goonies" the kids are dying to see.  UGH!  I guess I'll have to force my way  through it as she ALSO bought me a copy of episodes of THUNDERBIRDS!
F.A.B!
 THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!
and I'm gone.
DAILY BANGER SPECIAL
$75.00

ON CONSIGNMENT!  XOOTR SWIFT
ONLY $400.00!!!

SLICK BLACK CRUISER
ONLY $95.00!!!

DAILY BANGER SPECIAL
ONLY $65.00!!!

SEE....I WASN'T LYIN'


THE LATEST STRIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment