Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Is it REALLY all that bad?

I guess I am "out Of the Loop" when it comes to gas prices and such.  I could probably go online and check into the prices, but I haven't had to buy gas in over 5 years!  According to ALOT of folks i chat with, customers and my neighbors, they wouldn't be at all surprised if it tops over $5.00 a gallon...soon!  So I wonder, what more incentive do you need.  Look I hate to preach (YEA RIGHT!) but I know what it means to have an expensive addiction.  Re-member I just quit smoking.  And once you get into that mind set of "lets continue to (daily) remind ourselves of all the good reason to quit" Money is a big deciding factor!  Track how much you DON''T spend, and it becomes WAY apparent.  You may be saying to yourself "but smoking and using gas for driving aren't the same things!"
Really?
Harmful toxins. Addictive. Lifestyle. Costly. and in the end...unnecessary.
All I'm saying is, it is a dramatic shift in thinking to give up either.  But you have to ask your inner child "what am I REALLY giving up?
Re-minds me of the days, Post 911, when they used to run the "anti-drug" adds with the two guys sitting around talking about how drugs sponsor terrorism.  Heh.  I would have LOVED to have seen a commercial where two soccer moms are talking the same talk, but about Gas.  As they are sitting at the pump hosing down the gullet of their monster Hummer and Suburban!  Talk about truth in advertising!!!
Ok, Ok I'll stop. 
I told ya that story to tell you this one.
Today was a BUSY Saturday, as usual!  The Huffy MTB went out to a young man who "was going to check out a few more places!"  Oh GOSH I LOVE it when folks say that!  At that point I guess I could just save them the trouble and write out a receipt, but hey, I guess it's like a Slurpee, even with the brain freeze, you just can't help yourself!
The Dual shock Magna, found a new home to someone "who was JUST tired of walking"  Isn't it cool when your bikes are SO reasonably priced, they almost become an impulse item!
(if you haven't guessed I am a little full of myself today)
And a special thanks to Steve for letting us do a "Mutt" on his Vertical!  I (and he) thinks it looks SHARP!  And for my "DAMN I screwed up!" of the day..
TA TA DUMMM!!!!
The"special" tandem built for a VERY understanding and KIND HEARTED gentleman, was finished and picked up today, and here's where I screwed up (and is unfortunately proof positive that Senility HAS set in) I looked at the wrong copy in my receipt book.  We had an order for ANOTHER tandem (an Older Schwinn model needing MUCH more work then his) the day after his and it was for $40.00 more.  Well when he picked up his he paid the difference, with only a minor mention of "oh, I thought it was less then that?"  Well after he left that comment stuck in my head so I went back and checked and LO and Behold, he was right and I was a schmuck!  But it all worked out as soon as I realized I'd Fu....dged up, I gave him a call, and took care of it.  Color me Blushed!
AND, one of the two motorized bikes we have on consignment sold to a very astute gentleman doing his bit to combat the Gas Hikes.  It is now his commuter!
And As ALWAYS, We thank each and every one of you trusting us with your re-pairs, and say Keep 'em coming!!
As far as Builds and buys?  Bought ALOT of goodies!  And down below you will see some of the new ones!
Well tomorrow is my day of rest, but momma, puddles and Elijah will be minding (and CLEANING) the shop tomorrow, as I will be tackling....the back yard!
Y'all have a great night, and I'll talk at ya Monday!
LIKE BLOODY NEW!!
GORGEOUS SPECIALIZED HRXC

ONLY $180.00!!



SCRATCH BUILT "URBAN ASSAULT"
26" SINGLE SPEED DIAMONDBACK!!!

ONLY $120.00!!


"DAILY BANGER SPECIAL!!"
ONLY $75.00!!


No comments:

Post a Comment