Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

May I Rest in Peace

Nope.  Not dead, but it's gonna feel like I died and went to Heaven! 
Since moving into our new home we have managed (with the help of diligence on Craigslist and some VERY good friends) to re-furnish it.  After having spent a month and half in the hotel and all our stuff was still in the house, with no electricity and uncleaned etc, well we felt it best just to trash all the upholstered stuff (hey after being three years with our kids, it was a couple threads short of garbage anyway) and all the mattresses.  So we managed to corral mattresses for the kids, but none for mom and dad.  And i don't know what happened, but once we lay back on our old mattresses it was like pain time infinity each morning we woke up.  I mean like, ache so bad wake you up 2 or 3 times a night just to shift positions, pain.  Get up in the "Oh I need a gallon of coffee and 4 Advil or I will rip the pancreas from your torso pain! 
THAT kind of pain!
(sorry if you're eating)
So as luck would have it, I'm doing my morning routine of checking CL and hit upon an add two minutes after it posts, for a Sealy Posture Pedic Save Your Spine Pillow-Top Feel Like You Just Won  the Lottery Mattress and Box Spring set! 
JOY!
AND....it came with a 6 inch thick Memory foam Cover!
RAPTURE!
SO, with Cell phone and Google Map in hand I called and YES!  It...was....OURS!
So one more trip with Terry to Oldsmar and it now lays  firmly in place of our old Inject your nerve endings with searing hot needle tipped death worn out springs of Machiavellian torture induced Crippling Spinal cord contorting pain killer addicting mattress.
....there called...similes
OK, OK....I'll stop.
But I should be in a better mood tomorrow.
SO, OH today was a HOOT!
to a point.
Met MANY an interesting folk!  The Schwinn Ranger wafted out of here lickety split!  And no sooner was it gone that four more folks came in looking for it before I even had a chance to take it off Craigslist.  I do feel bad to, as 1 couple came down from Tampa to get it.  BUT, they didn't call first!  I can't stress it enough folks, stuff sells REAL fast around here, We will hold it for you (for the length of time it takes you to get here AFTER you hang up the phone) but you have to CALL!  With the cost of GAS (hint, hint) you don't want to waste it!  HOWEVER!  even though we didn't have that one, we did set up two of the folks with bikes we just brought up from the garage to build, they put their deposit on it and went away KNOWING that THAT bike was THEIR"S!  And One such Gentleman was wise enough to grab the ladies Magna for his wife...before it TOO sold!  And have no fear, we'll have one for you too, sir!
Well on the finished front...only 1.  WOW.  ONLY ONE!  yes, I know.  I've been in and out of the shop all day, and jose' is working on a Special for a very nice elderly man, and Zombie-Boy has 2 Specials, and another cruiser in his bay.  So the only one out is the Super Bee (pick below) all custom and complete with another RE-cycle Original re-covered seat (Check out the "used to be  Hawaiian Shirt" seat cover!  Tres' CHIC!
Well, Here's hoping that I can stay in the shop and put out more pretties!
NOW, I gotta get home and build a Leprechaun trap.
No...seriously.
The "Killer Bee!"  Custom Cruiser!
ONLY $110.00!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment