Search This Blog

Monday, October 20, 2014

That's More Like IT!

Saturday was a lot more akin to what we are used to around here!  If this keeps up we just may become solvent...in 2047!  HA HA!!!
Seriously, thanks to all the folks for coming out, not only to wipe me out of the last few remaining rides that I had, but also the BEVY of repairs that came in!  We SO love to keep folks riding!!
ESPECIALLY the young Mom and her daughter!  They came in, after what was clearly a LONG summer hiatus of NOT riding, to get their "garage keeps" up and running for the new season.  The little girl was SO cute, chomping at the bit to hit the road and explore on two wheels.  The pouty face she gave was PRICELESS when she learned that what the bikes needed to get rolling was going to take a couple of hours to get done.  Mom had to bribe her with the promise of lunch out while they waited!  Good to see they were both eager to get riding, as when they returned to pick them up they already had their helmets on!!
Also, got in some more goodies!  Yes, some folks have already begun the seasonal purge and we are reaping the rewards in the form of slightly used (and sometimes NOT so slightly) gems in need of some TLC and new homes!  THAT is what I am working on today!  I SO need to get the ranks full again, but please don't think for a minute that is all I need.  OH NAY, NAY!  Bring me MORE!!  Now is the time to make hay while the sunshine's!
So, with that, I'd best get my butt on the lamb and work me up some beauties!
Look forward to seeing you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. 'Tis the season to go ride bikes,
    Fa la la la la, la la la la!

    I myself will be riding The Fulton- in English riding boots, no less- out to the college on Wednesday to give lectures all day on Practical Cycling. Sort of wrote the book on it, don'tcha know.

    I suspect your shop will be mentioned, Steven.

    (Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.)

    ReplyDelete