Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

VunDahBah!

Wow!  Our faces are flushed!  Thanks for all the awesome compliments yesterday and especially for all the cool donations!  As the Holiday approaches those giving or getting bikes this year have been emptying out their hidey holes and bringing us last years (and beyond) bikes!  So cool!  Some were out right donations and some were for stocking stuffer cash, but MAN did we get some swells! 24" K2 Appaloosa MTB...PRISTINE!  3 cruisers, an old Fuji road bike, a Jamis MTB, 3 bangers and a few bucket fulls of BMX parts (enough for two scratch builds!) Thanks to the folks bringing us their repairs, and by recommendations no less!  We love it when a friend tells a friend, who tells two friends, who tell their two friends....and so on....and so on! (hint, hint!) It's what keeps us here! 
We managed to put out four goodies yesterday just in time for the gift giving season (meaning if you buy them, I can afford to give gifts....hint, hint!) Just HAD to stay late to get the sweet K2 ready, but also put out three cruisers as well!  Check out the bronze one!  I LOVE that color!
Today has us starting with a Tony hawk BMX scratch build in the rack, then have the Raliegh re-build to finish, put out a few small repairs then back at it with another 2 sweet cruisers! 
BUT!
Before I go, 1 itty. bitty rant!
My wife often kids me that the reason I gripe about the disparity in wealth these days is because I'm jealous.  I'd have to say, Nah!  True, I'd like to have less reason to sweat at bill paying time, but aside from that, i wouldn't know what to do with myself if we were uber-wealthy.  Moreover, with all the trials and tribulations the common man must endure, it pains, and infuriates me when I hear tales of grotesquely outrageous spending by the Ultra-wealthy!
Case in point!
Whilst perusing the Yahoo news this morning I caught wind of  a real estate purchase by one Ekaterina Rybolovleva, the spoiled brat 22 year old rich princess of billionaire Russian Dmitriy Rybolovlev.  This little rich girl bought an APARTMENT on Central Park West for 88 Million dollars.
Yes, you heard me right.
I'll be fair and state that the owner of said apartment has stated that the proceeds of the sale will go to charity...but I'm not holding my breath.
This is all SO WRONG on so many levels. 
The really sad part is that the place isn't even going to be a permanent residence.  It's just for when she visits the city!
wow.
You wonder why so many of the working class are SO p....d off!

MENS CRUISER
ONLY $75.00!!

6-SPEED COMFORT CRUISER
ONLY $65.00!!

COOL CRUISER
ONLY $60.00!!

LIKE NEW K2 APPOLOOSA!
ONLY $90.00!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment