Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

SAFETY FIRST! (or: Why not to use power equippment first thing in the morning!)


So it's like this.  We here at Re-Cycle want to bring to our customers the BEST product we can! So in pursuit of this lofty goal we have developed processes, and techniques to turn sows ears into silk purses (or a close facsimile thereof).  We have gone as far as to modify certain pieces of equipment to help us in this daunting task (IE.  makes it easier for us to be lazyerer) One such piece of equipment is a 4 1/2" hand held angle grinder, slightly modifies to hold a 8" wire wheel.  How was it modified?  By removing the safety guard of course! (I can hear the collective groans) Yep!  We aren't graded on our IQ level.  We have one HELL of a learning curve!
ANYWAY, this morning first thing (obviously BEFORE I had had sufficient coffee) I was setting up to remove some rust from a project on my rack.  I picked up the grinder, cradled lovingly in the crook of my arm, wire wheel resting on my fore arm and plugged it in.
Apparently the thought of checking to see if it was turned on, had not crossed my mind.
And quicker then you can blink, I have a potentially WICKED COOL scar! 
So remember folks, always CHECK the power switch before turning on any electrical devices (and don't hire any of us to do your home remodeling!)
SO ANY WHO!
Sorry to our buddy Chip for not being in AGAIN this morning when you came by!  Once again, I was moving late. Elijah was good enough to open up for me, as I was recovering from a wonderful evening migraine last night (nope not chemical induced, they just happen from time to time, unfortunately) But i made up for it by being a busy little bee all day!  We were all quite serious into our tasks today, putting out five new goodies!  (although 2 had to be kicked back for some minor adjustments, so i have not photog them yet!) And we kept up with the re-pairs breakneck style!  Also managed to finish our Star Wars Marathon! (we do that every other week, he we're geeks what can I say)  Surprisingly though Adam has NOT seen any of the Family Guy spoofs.  he lives such a sheltered life.  I'll have to hook up a DVD in the shop so he can see them.  no work will get done that day, I'm sure!
Thanks to all the wonderful folks who came by today!  Sold the Next BMX (again) to a cool young man, who new quality when he saw it!  And the Fuji Cruiser went out to a gentleman from some point WAAY south.  Obviously he's been paying attention to the blog as he knew to call first and reserve it before he headed out!  Smart man!  And to the two young gents who came up ALMOST last moment and picked up the Tasty Schwinn Varsity and the Panasonic Road Bike!  They got some SAH_WEET deal (Angie was running the front and she is such a generous gem!  And Kudos to them as they will become their new commuters leaving the car at home!  CONVERTS>>>>YAY!!!
And, we got some more goodies in to turn out some more sweeties, so keep your eyes peeled for them!
Well, It is getting late and I can hear X-Files calling....
'NIGHT!
Add caption
DAILY BANGER SPECIAL
$55.00!!!

GORGEOUS MONGOOSE HYBRID
ONLY $160.00!!!




2 comments:

  1. YEP! it was like watching those "Redneck Belt sander races!" and I was the track! That sucker SHOT outta' there!

    ReplyDelete