Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lazy Day

Well as fate would have it, the whole "Daddy Boot Camp" for Kaleb was a resounding...failure.  Virtual school was a bust!  It's hard to motivate the un-maotivatable (if that's a word) PLUS in their usual remarkable fashion, the Pinellas County School Board informed us that Kaleb had a 30 day review (NOT mention when he was enrolled) on April 25.  We received the notice on May 5 (postmarked May 3)  Notice any discrepancy there?  Needless to say, he was in Truancy violation and we were so ordered to return him to public school. NO ROOM for negotiation.
OH...what fun!
Well, at least it's guaranteed writing material for me!
Anyway, I was re-re-enrolling him this morning and on the way home passed by the younger kids school, and saw Logan on the playing field during recess, so I decided, as I was in my GOOD Jeans and T-Shirt (REDNECK....ME?) I play hooky for the rest of the morning and go and join the little guys for lunch and treat them to SubWay.  It was a real hoot.  They were real surprised and happy to see me (the whole "tuggin' at the heart strings" things) As I was sitting with Owen at the back of the cafeteria, unbeknowst to me in the Pre-K section, a little red headed boy, no bigger then my calve, stopped up to the table, put his hands on his hips and in a very stern authoritarian voice informed me that "that's ARE table!" We very apologetically (and QUICKLY) moved!
It was SO cute!
My feelings of parentage, is not completely non self serving.
Last week I had a meet and great with my new Doctor.  As far as doctors go, a very good man.  The results of my stress test came in, and unfortunately they found something.  Possibly.
Apparently the bottom part of my heart is weakened, in their terms about 5%.  Now that could be just because I'm an overweight layabout who doesn't exercise and loves his fatty foods WAY to much.  That's what I'm hoping for, but tomorrow at the ungodly hour of 6.30 am (haven't been up that early in forever!) I have to go in for a...procedure.  The one where the cut you in a place where NO man should have a knife anywhere NEAR, and inject me with a dye. 
lord.
So I guess I'm feeling a tad bit vulnerable, and that realization that comes to folks in times of high drama, that i don't spend anywhere NEAR as much time with my kids as I wish (or should) I had.
Well, Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment