Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2011

the $1.00 Tire patch!

Thanks to all for your words of  concern in regards to my recent "Industrial Accident"  and it was a tad bit surprising that no one said "DUH!" or called me a Ma-roon!  That's really what I had expected.  Or is that what they call "Transference"?  Truly, had it been anyone else around here who had done it i would have called them an idiot.  But that's me,  Cold heartless prick. (I see many heads nodding in agreement)
ANYWAY!
Yesterday was a real hoot-an-nanny!  Met many a wonderful folk coming by to say "Hey" and check out the goodies!  I wish  had more Hybrids.  Let's just cast that line out and see if anyone takes the bait!  The Mongoose I put out night before last was snatched up in a blink shortly after opening, and then of course i had a slew of folks looking for just such a bike.  I hate to have to turn folks away, but they are few and far between unfortunately.  Although i did pick up a Trek Antelope 830, which is only a higher set of handlebars away from being a good hybrid!  She's in paint now! And got other goodies as well, couple of more bangers, one is out already (ain't I the busy little beaver!) and Jose' has the other one in his "man hole"!
Owen's Birthday was yesterday and we had the traditional cupcakes and ice cream after dinner and the real party is set for Sunday (family tradition, as Angie and/or I have always worked long hours, Sunday has (almost) always been a day off (or short day) and we like to have a real party for the kids day, not a rush job before they go to bed) then My lovely wife whom humors me so, allowed me to watch a "family Guy, Star Wars" marathon while lying in bed.  Yes folks i get into...moods.
SO, funny thing happens yesterday, a young gentleman bought the Schwinn Pro a couple days ago and brings it back in for warranty work.  Seems after leaving work day before last he notices his tire is flat, tries to put air in it and it's a now go.  So unfortunately he has to limp home (good thing he didn't live to far away) and upon checking the tire discovers a small gash in the tread, thinking he has ran over something he takes the tire off to check and lo and behold discovers that at some point the tire had been cut and someone had used duct tape, super glue and yes, of all things a DOLLAR BILL to create a tire patch! (see below)  I gotta -the-give whoever kudos for "On-the-spot" quick thinking!  I just wish we had noticed it before the poor guy was inconvenienced!
So I'll end this with a mini diatribe.  We have been receiving solicitations of late from Angi's List.  A service for the consumer which if memory serves me, gives listings of service providers  in your area that are "recommended"  giving one the "ilussion" that this is an unbiased "truthful" recommendation.  Even on the ad's they say that "no service provider can PAY to be on Angi's list.  And yet when you go to list your business for what you think is a review, they give you a list of... payment options?
WHAT THE!?  Hypocrisy aside, this seems a tad bit...shady!  I mean we list with the yellow pages and google and such. Why would we need a fraudulent listing as well!
Choose wisely.

"LIKE NEW!" DUAL SHOCK MTB!!
ONLY $85.00

LADIES 24" MTB
ONLY $65.00

SUPRISING HOW FAR A DOLLAR CAN GO THESE DAYS!
DAILY BANGER SPECIAL
$50.00

CUSTOM "TONY HAWK" BMX
ONLY $70.00!!!

1 comment: