Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Paraskevidekatriaphobics


— people afflicted with a morbid, irrational fear of Friday the 13th.  Well I guess around here we must have luck from the Orient, as it turned out to be an abnormally lucky day!
First, Shortly after opening A couple cool dudes, with an appropriately "RE-Cycle'ish sense of humor and attitude (IE: sardonic) Came in looking for a "specific" kind of bike, the parameters of which were undetermined.  The Old "I'll know it when i see it".  Well as it turns out the Trek 830 Antelope I had sitting in my rack was EXACTLY what they were looking for, hence why I have no pic to show you as it was gone before done!  Have fun with it gentleman!
Well once complete I decided to take the remainder of the day to spend with the kiddo's, and My lovely wife took over for me.  And that's when it got weird.
And became prime fodder for an episode of "Americas Dumbest Criminals!"
In December of last year we purchased a rather unique "Big Boy" Takara, A real 1 of a kind, with ape hangers, full rack.  Easy to pick out of a line-up.  In a RARE case of generosity I let my older boy have the bike, as he is 6'2" it's hard to find a bike that fits him!  Well as is always the case Kids ALWAYS know more then the parents and against my expressed view, left the bike on the porch, and of course...it was stolen.  Well we all but wrote it off (the likely hood of recovering a stolen bike is akin to that of winning the lottery) and went on with our life's.
Then came yesterday.  And as I was sitting watching cartoons with the kids, I got an excited call from Elijah.  Seems that the bike was back...in the shop...for repairs!
Now here's where it gets funny.  The "person" with the bike swore that his father bought it from "some Dude" and that he "KNEW" it was NOT stolen.  Although he could not explain why we had photo's of it date stamped from Dec 2010, or that it had a light on it with my wife's initials on it, or why my sons name was etched into the frame....But he KNEW it was not stolen!  We then insisted that he contact his father, who proceeded to "express" his disbelief that the bike was stolen, that he know the dude who he bought it from and he'd never had stolen it. 
wow.
Well in light of the confusion regarding the bike, we suggested contacting the police to resolve the issue.  well it was at that point that they determined "It wasn't worth it"  and quickly left.
things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
So now the bike sits securely locked up until I determine what to do with it.
Alright I think I have dallied long enough, and i have goodies to build!  Y'all have fun, and hope to see you today!

VINTAGE POWER KING
$110.00




DAILY BANGER SPECIAL
$60.00!!!

DAILY BANGER SPECIAL
$55.00!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment